Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

Navigraph Extension Pack for the S550 Citation II released!

I know some were saying it would be 12-15 dollars and weren't exactly sold...but hell, 6 bucks isn't bad. 

Awaiting your reports, gentlemen. :smile: How reliable is it, are there any obvious bugs?

I know some were saying it would be 12-15 dollars and weren't exactly sold...but hell, 6 bucks isn't bad. 

For 12 days only though...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

For 12 days only though...

True...Did they ever say what it was going to raise to? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Need moar info (please)!

Who's got it - I'm at work so u can't get it yet

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I got it - more bugs than I can count.

Navigraph doesn't recognise the Carenado Citation, so it doesn't update (yet).

Adding a DTO waypoint not in the flight plan will erase your flight plan. The fuel remaining shows a fluctuating total running into 6 figures. The NAV button doesn't show any leg info, it switches the HSI from NAV to GPS. You cannot access your FPL legs in flight, instead you get just a summary page. It's nice to see your flight plan added to the HSI and see traffic displayed, the terrain works, but I was not able to get the Wx displayed but I'm sure I'll be able to work it out. Worth the money? - Well you've bought the Citation already so it's worth the extra, but it's still needing a huge amount of work. No obvious documentation with it, but it installed okay into my P3D v2.5.

Gary

I got it - more bugs than I can count...

...No obvious documentation with it, but it installed okay into my P3D v2.5.

I'm not sure that this is P3D v2.5 compatible.  There's no mention of it in the description, only 2.0 and from my understanding, 2.5 has some fairly substantial modifications from 2.0 that probably are the source of some of your issues.

Chris Trott

Hi CAPFlyer - yes you're right - it says 2.0 compatable not 2.5. Always read the small print....

Ah well, back to the hanger with it. I've raised a support ticket with Carenado.

Does the CDI show deviation on the EHSI when navigating using the FMS?

You said if you DTO a waypoint not in your FP it deletes current FP. What happens if you DTO a waypoint in your FP - will that work? Or not because you can't access LEGS page?

I don't usually DTO a fix not in my FP.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

If it only runs in 2.0 what good is that as most hard core simmers are using the latest versions of P3D - I would assume - not ranting just a thought 

Rich Sennett

I got it .........

The most pressing thing for me, is to find out how to stop the MFD from always displaying all waypoints in the area.   It's driving me nuts!  Especially when setting the range up to something like 100nm;  you have all these mushed up waypoints crammed on to the MFD.   The MFD has no hardware buttons (that I can find) to control what is displayed on it (waypoints, airports, etc).

I am praying we are not stuck with these waypoints being displayed all the time.

That aside, well the new Navigraph/FMS did successfully navigate me from KNEW to KECP. Flight Plan entry is odd; you add the airports in the first couple of FPL entries, and then have to 'sneak in' the en-route waypoints in between them.  When I selected an approach into KECP, the FMS deleted my remaining enroute waypoint .......... yep, it's pretty buggy.... it's a Carenado.

What happens if you DTO a waypoint in your FP - will that work?

Yes that works - as in it will then navigate you directly to the DTO'd waypoint..... but the linear representation of the performed DTO doesn't look right.   The original course was still displayed but had changed to white - and I don't think there was a new magenta line to the DTO'd waypoint.

Hi Ryan, yes you can DTO a waypoint in your current plan. If you try to add a waypoint to get a longer run on final, then the whole plan deletes, although the single DTO waypoint works okay. I have managed to get the FPL page to show in flight, but it's still far too buggy. I updated the Navigraph manager and the 1503 upate was loaded, but no runways show for arrival airport - I tried EGCC and EGBB and it's just not working for me. As P3D 2.5 is the current version I'm surprised Carenado released a 2.0 compatible program (if that is the cause - I'm beginning to wonder if it's just a poor release).

Nearly forgot - there's no option to add airways routes either.

It's getting dangerously close to the 'uninstall a program' button.

Well it is their first navigraph release but looks like its got a way to go

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |