Sign in to follow this  
737guy1

Realism Level

Hi all,

I am interested in this add-on.  With the new FMS database availabitity just being released, how is the quality of this addon?

How realistic is the flight dynamics and engine performace?

Thanks for all your input!

Mitchell Haughee

Patched to SP2 it's pretty good now.  Or it will be with the Navigraph/FMS upgrade.  Without it. the navigation capabilities are akin to a default aircraft.

It's a Carenado so it's never going to be a study sim a la PMDG, but it's not bad.  Hand flying character is nice.

Do you know how it compares to the Flight One Citation Mustang?  Thanks for your input

Mitchell Haughee

This is my initial report:

I really like this segment of aviation, and so far for me the one to beat is the Citation Mustang from Flight1 (bought in 2009, close to 400 hrs logged on FSX)

Price: they are very close, so close that I don't think it is arbitrary.

PC Performance: They are close as well, but the Carenado Cessna S550 leads on this area.

FSX Stability: Carenado S550 looks to be more stable, less susceptible of crashes if you don't use the "Startup Flight". You can jump from other aircrafts without problem.

External Model: Both are great looking,Remember that the Mustang is a "vintage" FSX addon, so the S550 has more blink on it (in particular the external lights)

Internal Model: Both spot on, I like them. The only small limitation on the Flight1 Mustang is the FS9 like night cockpit lighting, that does not deliver during twilight.

Flight Dynamics: Both very stable, from my point of view, both spot on.

Systems Model: Both are crippled, the Flight 1 has its advantages as it is unique. Although the G1000 is crippled, It does deliver more functionality than current Carenado's S550.

Sounds: Both have room for improvements, but I'm happy with them.

My general comments: I love the Flight 1 Mustang and I will keep flying on it, because is unique, there are no VLJ with a detailed G1000 with Navigraph in the market (Hence that is why it is pricey). However, If Carenado can solve current limitations and listen to us the clients, and delivers qualityin terms of functionality, I think that the S550 and the Hawker 850 XP are going to displace the Flight 1 (both jets are faster, beatiful and using the latest Carenado visuals). For now even at sales, the S550 with navigraph it is expensive as it is not a unique plane (it is close but not yet hehehe).

Clear skies,

Jcmmg

Reviewers,

Learn with Jcmmg!!!

Simply perfect. Short, complete, marketing disconnected, and at the end the reader gets a precision feel of the aircraft.

Thanks Jcm.

Best,

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg