Sign in to follow this  
FlyCathay

any scenery.cfg editor for P3D?

Is there anything like SceneryConfigEditor for P3D? I like to turn on/off scenery quite often but in P3D, it is pretty inconvenient as one has to go in a flight to change the settings.

Danny F

The SceneryConfigEditor works for P3D too.  Just go to File and select "Open Other".

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Is there anything like SceneryConfigEditor for P3D? I like to turn on/off scenery quite often but in P3D, it is pretty inconvenient as one has to go in a flight to change the settings.

That's kind a like saying and I like to turn my lights on and off ....is there anyway that I can do it without a switch?

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

You can also click on 'Edit' and select 'Preferences' and then put a tick in 'User Defined' then select the folder path P3D.

cheers

Russ

Russell Shaw

Where do I find edit in P3D? or File for that matter.  Have never seen these options.

Using V2.5

all I have there is P3D no P3DV2 folder

Where do I find edit in P3D? or File for that matter.  Have never seen these options.

Using V2.5

all I have there is P3D no P3DV2 folder

Are you running SceneryConfigEditor?  You have to download it from the Internet and then install it (see page 8 of the AVSIM CTD Guide for instructions and a link to the software).  Once installed, open it up.  If you have FSX installed, it will show the scenery.cfg for FSX.  You want the one for P3D.  So you look up in the SceneryConfigEditor Menu and you will see File.  Click on File.  Once open, click on Open other.  This will open up Windows Explorer.  Now, go to C:/Program Data/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D and then click on Scenery.cfg.  Now, this is a hidden folder unless you unhid the hidden files as we recommended in the AVSIM CTD Guide, pages 1 and 2.  We have links on how to do this whether you have Windows 7 or Windows 8.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I mostly do my one editing of files now so I didn't upgrade to P3D version

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob what do you mean one editing of files?

Do you configure the file yourself?

thanks...

Hi Rob what do you mean one editing of files?

Oops, sorry, was rushing out the door when I posted ... one = own.

Yes I edit the files manually and make changes.  But If you don't like editing files then AddIt! Pro or other tools that do it for you can be a big help.

Cheers, Rob.

I like to edit the scenery.cfg entries manually which means that when I'm done the numbering of the scenery entries are out of numerical sequence. I have tried the Reset Area and layer numbers and reorder the files, but when I check the scenery.cfg afterwards the numbers are still out of sequence. All paths are set correctly. Any ideas why this is so?

Thanks

Make sure you had the correct scenery.cfg loaded.  Make sure you click on File/Save after you have reset the area/layers.  Otherwise I do not know why this is happening to you.  It is impossible for the areas/layers to be out of sequence once you have set them and saved the file.  The only exception I know of is that you tried to change any UTX areas/layers and/or Orbx/FTX layers which is only accomplished through their utilities.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM