Sign in to follow this  
hadoken

FSX Steam Edition 62610

Sorry if this has been posted already, but has anyone ran into any compatibility issue with the PMDG 777 and FSX-SE 62610?

I get an airplane that loads with no gauges, with the yokes fully turned to the right. 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Brendan, have you installed all the simconnect files found in the SDK folders in the root FSX SE folder? I'll bet that you also didn't get asked to enter your registration key when you first selected the aircraft.

To the original poster, as of the latest SP1D update (which is what you will get if you download the installer now) is fully compatible with FSX SE.

I get an airplane that loads with no gauges, with the yokes fully turned to the right. 

Okay thanks, I have the same thing in my 777 also after updating to 62610. I just wanted to confirm if it was a compatiablity issue with the 777 and the latest Steam Build. Hopefully a fix will be coming soon.

Brendan, have you installed all the simconnect files found in the SDK folders in the root FSX SE folder? I'll bet that you also didn't get asked to enter your registration key when you first selected the aircraft.

To the original poster, as of the latest SP1D update (which is what you will get if you download the installer now) is fully compatible with FSX SE.

SP1D is for the 737 if I'm not mistaken. My question is in regards to compatiablity between the latest FSX-SE 62610 build and the PMDG 777. The 737 SP1D works fine with FSX-SE build 62610.

You're exactly right- the registration window didn't even pop up on the first time loading- I'm not sure what updated with the new build (I thought it was just going to fix terrain.dll errors that are popping up), but it seems to have broken some externals. I'll retry simconnect installs. 

You're exactly right- the registration window didn't even pop up on the first time loading- I'm not sure what updated with the new build (I thought it was just going to fix terrain.dll errors that are popping up), but it seems to have broken some externals. I'll retry simconnect installs. 

This is just my guess, but I don't think that 777 is complied for simconnect 62610. The 737 probably was and therefore doesn't have any issues with FSX-SE build 62610. I think the 777 is probably complied for simconnect 62608. PMDG will probably have to release an updated installer to fix the 777.

If you have Active Sky Next, you should see the same incompatiablity. The current build of ASN isn't compiled for simconnect 62610 either. These simconnect issue should be sorted out soon.

I'll second that. The 737 works fine with the new FSX-SE build, but the 777 doesn't, and now that you mention it- ASN doesn't either. You're not alone!

I'll second that. The 737 works fine with the new FSX-SE build, but the 777 doesn't, and now that you mention it- ASN doesn't either. You're not alone!

ugh...so you guys already reinstalled the simconnect msi's and getting the dreaded no registration with the 777 in 62610?

i havent been in the steam version since i got p3d a few weeks ago....but plan on using it soon to test something.

do you know if the update auto-installs or gives you the option to bypass it.  SE was working fine for me...no errors that the update is supposed to address.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

When the new build of SE installed, on initial run a new simconnect dialogue appeared- it looked like I could cancel out of it if I wanted. I didn't because  I always thought more versions of simconnect were better than less. I was wrong I guess!

Well. I enabled the beta and it broke my 777 install. No gear and guages all black. (like when it is unregistered). FSX regular works fine. Reinstalled. No go, same thing. Looks like the beta broke my PMDG.

Jim Atkins

Well. I enabled the beta and it broke my 777 install. No gear and guages all black. (like when it is unregistered). FSX regular works fine. Reinstalled. No go, same thing. Looks like the beta broke my PMDG.

You can opt out of the beta without it messing up your addons. Once you opt out, it will reinstall the old version.

Looks like the beta broke my PMDG.

...beta of...?

...of FSX:SE. Disregard!

Yeah, probably not a good idea to opt into betas unless we note that the aircraft is compatible.

Kyle Rodgers

You can opt out of the beta without it messing up your addons. Once you opt out, it will reinstall the old version.

Thanks, I'll try that. I was hoping this beta would be the silver bullet for all the terrain.dll problems.. .but it appears to have caused more problems than solved.

...beta of...?

Dovetail released an update beta of FSX:SE, that is supposed to heal all the g3d.dll, ntdll.dll and terrain.dll problems people have been experiencing on long flights (VAS management improved with SE, but now they had terrain.dll errors). Because the fsx.exe version is different, it broke compatibility with addons- as well as PMDG aircraft, the 737 being the exception. 

The beta runs untill the 16th so there will still be glitches. As mentioned go to the Steam library , right click FSX and opt out of the BETA and the live version will be active and that should give you back your 777

ZORAN