Sign in to follow this  
hadoken

FSX Steam Edition 62610

I thought I was the only one having issues with 777... :huh:

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

If I do as described before and create a new (2nd) boot Win7 on my current 600GB Raptor, and install FSX SE in there, can I use the same PMDG777 licence key I am using now in FSX (box)?

Or do I need to release the key via the PMDG777 CDU first?

Because essentially I would be using TWO different Win7 systems.

One with FSX box + PMDG777 with scenery addons that do NOT work with steam.

And one with FSX SE + PMDG777 and scenery addons that DO work with steam.

Normally you would have to release the PMDG777 key for that.......maybe an exception was made for STEAM?.......as in, since it is a different version, you might be allowed to use the PMDG777 on FSX box and FSX Steam at the same time?

Rob Robson

Posted about this issue  as well as the problem with the Aerosoft A3xxx over on the Beta thread on Steam, and the response that came back was that it was the addon developers that had to fix the issues with their own products to be compatible with the new version. I can see their point in that when FSX SP's were released, many addon developers, including PMDG had to update their products. The difference here though is Aces coordinated with them well in advance and the updates were ready at the point or shortly after the SP release. DTG has appeared to have done none of that here,and the developers were blindsided as we all were when the Beta was announced just a week or two before. I don't think PMDG would have released the NGX (Just a week before) and the T7 (just a few weeks before that) before this Beta if they knew it was coming! DTG has to coordinate their planned updates better with the third party developers. Note the Beta is set to close tomorrow! Whether that means it will then be pushed automatically to users at that point is unclear at this point!

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d