Sign in to follow this  
Aamir

FSX AFCADs work in P3D v2.5?

Hi all! Recently started making the shift over. Was just wondering if I could install AFCADs into P3D the exact same way I did for FSX?

Thanks!

Aamir Thacker

Yes. You can. Though most afcads used to just go into Addon Scenery\scenery and just automatically be active. This is not the case in v2.5 - at least not out of the box. You have to create that folder structure and then add it in your scenery library or add each individually. Either will work.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Yes. You can. Though most afcads used to just go into Addon Scenery\scenery and just automatically be active. This is not the case in v2.5 - at least not out of the box. You have to create that folder structure and then add it in your scenery library or add each individually. Either will work.

Sweet, thanks! I'll keep that in mind.

Aamir Thacker

Also you may find a lot of AFCADs will have missing taxiway intersections and pavement due to the draw flags tag in the BGL file. The remedy is to download Airport Design Editor and reset the taxi link draw flags and then compile for P3D.

Here is a link on how to do it: http://scruffyduck.screenstepslive.com/s/help_docs/m/20268/l/199756-how-do-i-set-taxi-link-draw-flags-to-default-values

I don't think the change of folder structure makes much difference, you can still add an Addon Scenery folder if that makes you happy - as always, an AFCAD in an active scenery folder will work.

I've used lots of FSX AFCADs and can't say I notice many major probelms but yes, as thetford noted, FSX AFCADs are not fully compatible with P3D. It really is easy with ADE, you just load the airport you're interested in and recompile (which I'm sure the link explaihns properly!). I've done that plenty of times with AFCADs I really care about (mainly ones I'm working on myself).

Summary - super easy to fix if you're just wanting to change a few.

I note that project bluesky has a lot of AFCAD files available (all of them in one download) and that this had recently been updated (presumably recompiled) for P3D. I've now got that added which covers my US airport AFCAD needs pretty well.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."