Sign in to follow this  
bjratchf

Earth Simulations... now that they've closed

I've just become interested in their Isle of Man scenery- does anyone know if there are distributors that still sell this? I thought I might be able to do it internally from my ESI installer, but it only lets me install my old purchase.

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Yes, no luck with the ESI installer. I did manage to download some previously purchased files - I bought treescapes but had never downloaded it - and that could be installed no problems. One of my treescapes files (Scotland sth) wasn't available for download any more. That was a couple of weeks ago.

I've heard rumours that other distributors might take this on but dont know if that's true, don't know anywhere that's selling the download version. I did email the ES team and tell them that I'd buy the Isle of Man scebery if they felt like reopening the shop for a bit!

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

It seems to me that I recall a really nice freeware Isle of Man and I'll get back to you on that but for some reason I want to say scruffy duck was involved…

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Yep, you can still find hard copies around for sale. As per my comment though, you can't but the download version anywhere that I know of. It would be logical if ES had put this out on Simmarket or where ever, but I guess that would mean they still have to support it.

If you do buy the physical media version one thing to consider is that you would still - I think - need to activate it through the ES online site. That was still up when I last checked in but it won't be forever necessarily. I'm sure I read of some other business (I think it was Flightstore) that was going to offer to take over the online activation - not sure if that went ahead though.

For me, the DVD version gets expensive due to postage and it could take several weeks to get here (so no idea of I can activate when it arrives).

Once you activate once, if the ES site is up you can make an ESIpack as a backup to reinstall in the future. For treescapes, adding it direct from the scenery library works fine as well and I suspect you could do this with the other scenery to reinstall in the future.

The online server issue isn't a theoretical issue - as I mentioned,one of my purchases is already unable to be downloaded and although I got an automated reply to my tech supply query I haven't heard anyhting more in the intervening time and suspect I may not.

Sad to see ES go, I think they were a quality operation. As far as treescapes goes it's a step above NuVecta and OpenVFR, the other tree packages that I use.

Darren and Vicki - if you're reading this you should open the online shop one last time so those of us who wish we'd bought stuff can have one last chance to do so! :)

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I tried to install my ESI pack with Isle of Man, Guernsey, Alderney and Isles of Scilly. Got a load of unable to find scenery.cfg file errors so I manually entered them into the cfg and then P3D wouldnt even load, I kept on getting terrain.dll error crashes and the only way to fix it was to unistall the ESI pack.

Has anyone else had any luck installing into 2.5?

Steve.