Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

FS Recorder in 2.4 and above

Hi all

Is anyone using a version of FSRecorder in P3Dv2.4 or above?    

I`m using version 1.331, its the only one that works for now, not sure if the developer is updating so we get all the full functions of FSX.

http://www.fs-recorder.net/downloads.php  D/L link is on the right hand side of this page.

Rick

tpewpb-6.png

Thanks Rick

Thats the one I installed last night but I can't see it showing up in the P3D system.   I also added the appropriate .xml entry to the dll.xml file.  

Out of interest did you drop the .dll module into your P3D/Modules folder or into the P3D root folder?

thanks

FSRecorder 1.331 needs FSX-SP1 Simconnect. You can find the installer in the Prepar3Dv2 redist folder.

Ah, okay.  Although I'm pretty sure I installed that while I was going about first setting up P3D.  There was another addon that required it.

Im using version 1.331. Installed it fine but it didn't show at first.......drove me mad!! It only did when i clicked on P3D shortcut on screen and changed permissions to admin. It will come up with a warning about this version not having all features working or something, just click Ok and it works fine

Im using version 1.331. Installed it fine but it didn't show at first.......drove me mad!! It only did when i clicked on P3D shortcut on screen and changed permissions to admin. It will come up with a warning about this version not having all features working or something, just click Ok and it works fine

This hobby does have some strange 'isms'.   Thanks for that.  I'll try that out tonight.

Any commentary on what works and what doesn't?  Does it record all aircraft parameters (control surfaces, wingflex)?

Out of interest did you drop the .dll module into your P3D/Modules folder or into the P3D root folder?

Yes throw it in the modules folder, and i also used EMT to install.

Rick

tpewpb-6.png

I got it working last night.  Great to have it back in P3D.  But I tested it on the PMDG 777 and noticed that it didn't record flap animations,  or nose gear pivot and the main gear rolled at a constant high speed rate regardless of the speed of taxi.  The engine sounds were also at a constant idle sound in playback.  I think these issues are more to do with the complexities in the design of the aircraft model which are outside of the capability of FSR. I think I remember reading something to this effect in the PMDG documentation as well.

Will be great for formations though.  :)