Sign in to follow this  

According to Jetline systems, RAM is the second most important thing you should consider upgrading for your FSX build - http://jetlinesystems.com/performance.php

Do you know what kind of performance improvements (and by what percentage) you can gain from going to a higher MHZ ram speed, and lower CAS latency? 

Thank you.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

2133 seems to be the sweet spot as much higher the CAS increases counter the increase in Mhz. I went from 1600 cas 9 to 2133 cas 9 and improved 2-3 FPS, but did not see an increase going to 2400 CAS 10.

I would say stick with at least the 2133 ram 8/16Gig and you will be fine.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+