Sign in to follow this  
jlebesis1

PMDG 737 Prepar3d 2.5 Crash when selecting aircraft

Hi guys!

Just purchased my 737ngx 800/900 for Prepar3d 2.5 yesterday... I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw it was available for P3d! Very happy. 

I have a problem.. 

If I try to select any other variant of the aircraft, or one I've added liveries to, or even the 'Poseidon' version that the package comes with.. my whole Prepar3d immediately crashes. 

Is anyone else having this problem? 

I have scoured the forums, but cannot find anything about this specific problem.. I tried rolling back the video driver which hasn't worked, I'm stumped as to what it may be, and it's preventing me from using anything other than the 800/900 winglets variant. 

I'd be so incredibly greatful to anyone who could help me out with this! 

Many thanks in advance, 

John 

Hi Nick, 

No, nothing like that at all. 

Hmm strange sorry, i have external monitors that if switched can cause crashes with p3d

Hmm strange sorry, i have external monitors that if switched can cause crashes with p3d

Thats ok, thanks heaps for trying though.. I might even try a re-install to see if that helps! 

I'm pretty sure that PMDG recommends loading its aircraft only after loading one of the sim's default aircraft.

It also makes sense that the reverse might be true. It probably has to do with inherited settings that persist from one aircraft to another. If the settings don't match up exactly, one gets unpredictable behavior.

I'm just guessing here. But try loading a p3d default aircraft after a PMDG bird instead and see if that works correctly.

Jay Bloomfield

Hi John,

I'm getting a similar problem. It was working fine for a day or so but now after selecting the NGX and pressing ok, a new mini P3D window opens and P3D becomes unusable. Sound familiar to your situation ?

Cheers

Gav

John 

Full names in the forum, please.

Nick

Gav

Kyle Rodgers

I had to laugh at this. It's like a machine gun! :P

Ok lets try that again.

Gavin Stewart

Gavin Stewart

Gavin Stewart

It was aimed at 3 different people.

I'm pretty sure that PMDG recommends loading its aircraft only after loading one of the sim's default aircraft.

It also makes sense that the reverse might be true. It probably has to do with inherited settings that persist from one aircraft to another. If the settings don't match up exactly, one gets unpredictable behavior.

I'm just guessing here. But try loading a p3d default aircraft after a PMDG bird instead and see if that works correctly.

Jay Bloomfield

Hi Jay,

Thankyou kindly for your response...

I did try your suggestion, and it did work! Thankyou. It's unfortunate that this is the only way to get it to work it seems without loading a default aircraft. 

Cheers again, and happy flying..

John Lebesis

Hi John,

I'm getting a similar problem. It was working fine for a day or so but now after selecting the NGX and pressing ok, a new mini P3D window opens and P3D becomes unusable. Sound familiar to your situation ?

Cheers

Gav

Hi Gav!

I don't get the mini window situation, but see if you have any luck with Jay's suggestion. Load a default aircraft first (I have one setup to load as default flight also), and I don't seem to have the problem anymore. 

Hope it's of some help!

John Lebesis

Hi Kyle, my apologies, it's been a while since I've been in the forums, I wasn't aware.. will make sure to use full name :) 

In the meantime, seeing as this is your product we are discussing (and a great one at that).. does this problem sound familiar to you, or would you have any suggestions as to why this is happeneing? I understand it could be on the P3d side, but if you had any input into this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,

John Lebesis. 

Well this has been helpful. Thanks

Hang in there Gav, I'll keep the thread going until we get some feedback :) 

John Lebesis. 

PMDG has always said (in fact it's written in the introduction which every user is meant to have read) that a default P3D/FSX aircraft must be loaded before loading any PMDG aircraft, and to not use any PMDG aircraft as the saved default flight.