Sign in to follow this  
jlebesis1

PMDG 737 Prepar3d 2.5 Crash when selecting aircraft

The Windows Event Viewer ... get the Module Name that caused the error (crash) ... may give a clue.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hi guys!

Just purchased my 737ngx 800/900 for Prepar3d 2.5 yesterday... I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw it was available for P3d! Very happy. 

I have a problem.. 

If I try to select any other variant of the aircraft, or one I've added liveries to, or even the 'Poseidon' version that the package comes with.. my whole Prepar3d immediately crashes. 

Is anyone else having this problem? 

I have scoured the forums, but cannot find anything about this specific problem.. I tried rolling back the video driver which hasn't worked, I'm stumped as to what it may be, and it's preventing me from using anything other than the 800/900 winglets variant. 

I'd be so incredibly greatful to anyone who could help me out with this! 

Many thanks in advance, 

John 

HI,

I get this when switching to either the PMDG 777 or the NGX from another aircraft, including another PMDG aircraft.

I can load say the 777 fine, but if I try to select another variant, the sim just drops to desktop.

I know the advice used to be to load a default aircraft first, but I thought this requirement had been negated with the initialisation period of the newer PMDG aircraft.

At the end of the day you pick a variant and fly and should not need to change until your next flight, at which point you should restart the sim anyway.

HI,

I get this when switching to either the PMDG 777 or the NGX from another aircraft, including another PMDG aircraft.

I can load say the 777 fine, but if I try to select another variant, the sim just drops to desktop.

I know the advice used to be to load a default aircraft first, but I thought this requirement had been negated with the initialisation period of the newer PMDG aircraft.

At the end of the day you pick a variant and fly and should not need to change until your next flight, at which point you should restart the sim anyway.

Read the introduction document.

Intro doc pg. 36

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW