Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

I enjoyed my 30 days with aivlasoft EFB but..

It's a great software. I really like the chart integration and the maps. I am not sure that I like it enough at the current pricing. It's the price of a quality third party plane. I've tried other flight planner and none of them resonated with me. (FScommander weird UI or EFASS constant crashing). There is no sid/stars in simbrief. The only one I haven't tried yet is PFPX. I don't think they have a demo. I like to try before buying. I've been burn in the past with 3rd party software that doesn't work well.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

If you want the best.

Then buy avilasoft efb for flight tracking map.

And pfpx for flightplaning.

I have PFPX and Avilasoft EFB and have never looked back at  that decision.

Steve.

Steve.

+1

Steve.

Agree. Perfect combination!

Make my flightplan in PFPX, load it In EFB and I can follow my flight, see the AI planes and have all the required charts for that route.

========================

HAPPY FLYING

Raymond

I wanna use my EFB again but I think it's overloading Simconnect and it is causing P3D to crash now.   I haven't tried it in a few months but I really miss it.  I use to have it running remotely on my laptop next to my main flight rig.    Incredibly useful, especially with online Vatsim flying.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Not what I wanted to hear. 80$ CAD for EFB. It's a steep price.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Hmm, what did you want to hear?

EFB is great, I agree, also using it, and it's worth it's price. Not using PFPX.

There is no sid/stars in simbrief

Your want flight plans for the tubes? You cant use EFB for that unless you want some bizarre ineffective routing

Simbrief doesn't create sid/stars since you don't know what run way you will be using and that's where EFB comes in

Here is how you should be doing it.

1. choose your route

2, put that route intp pfpx or simbrief

3. export that route to EFB

4.Choose your SID/STAR from within  EFB

go fly

ZORAN

Not what I wanted to hear. 80$ CAD for EFB. It's a steep price.

Well, then you might like to know I didn't like EFB and have no need for it (who needs a moving map and fake charts?) and that it costs way too much imho. I did buy PFPX though and use it for all my airliner flights. Great planner. In the end it all depends on what YOU want and need... ;)

Well, then you might like to know I didn't like EFB and have no need for it (who needs a moving map and fake charts?) and that it costs way too much imho. I did buy PFPX though and use it for all my airliner flights. Great planner. In the end it all depends on what YOU want and need... ;)

Assuming your keeping it as real as it gets, why would you pay for PFPX ? Simbrief does the same for free since your entering real world routes into both of them.

ZORAN

Vroute > Cut > Paste > EFB > Save > Activate > Done

Wouldn't consider anything else at this point.

Mark

PS. Excellent flight map as well

Vroute > Cut > Paste > EFB > Save > Activate > Done

That's assuming a route already exists. I stopped using vRoute a while back as creating new routes was a bit of a pain. Haven't looked back with PFPX and EFB.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Assuming your keeping it as real as it gets, why would you pay for PFPX ? Simbrief does the same for free since your entering real world routes into both of them.

I only said what I like or need etc. and not that I keep things as real as it gets. ;) I never use real world routes. I really love how PFPX creates routes, how I can validate them, how PFPX picks the SID and STAR for me depending on the historic weather I always use, how it gives me correct weights and fuel, how the printed OFP looks, etc. I like to use real world charts because they show me the real data like trans alt, DH, and because they look different all over the world. What EFB offers me, I simply don't need. I don't like moving maps because it feels like cheating, haha, and I don't like fake charts, but that doesn't mean I do everything as real as it gets.

As I said, it depends on what you want and need. The OP has to decide himself if the program is worth the money.