Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

I enjoyed my 30 days with aivlasoft EFB but..

I do enjoy the challenge of finding all the charts online (never not found one yet) and knitting a flight plan together. Granted, it all takes time and you have to plough through a lot of information. it has been known to take "quite some time" to gather all the information, but that for me is part of the fun. When a plan comes together, I find it very satisfying, specially when you fly it and it all works. This goes for deciding how much fuel to take. Yes, just like the car which beeps and flashes at me because it needs feeding, I've run on fumes more than once in my virtual plane.

If I were to opt for the more automated route, I'd probably go for the two items mentioned above. I must look into Simbrief for some RW routes as its cool to fly them and perhaps refly some to places I've visited. We all choose to do it to suit ourselves which is what makes it all so fascinating.

I just wish EFB wold work.   It has never worked right in Prepar3D ever since it went to the P3D platform with version 1.5.0.    It will crash with Exception areas or worse, it will CTD the simulator itself THEN crash itself.    Doesn't matter what plane I spawn in with and it does it at different times.  Sometimes it's instantly.  Other times I'll be in the climb or cruise and just... Prepar3D has stopped working.  You can close and EFB explodes right after.    This was one of my favorite programs and I am bummed I can't use it with my favorite simulation platform.  One of the suggested fixes is a no go which is to turn off AERO.   AERO is the reason my simulation runs smooth as glass now as it is required when flying in windowed mode.   If that is the only fix then I guess I lost my $80 bucks on something that will never work again.   Seems kind of lame that the Dev can't work around this exception error with a patch.   In the official forums such crashes are blamed on Simconnect exclusively.   I have all version of Simconnect installed on my system just to make sure all my add-ons have what they need to work.   If anyone got their EFB to work without turning off AERO I'd love to hear how.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I just wish EFB wold work.   It has never worked right in Prepar3D ever since it went to the P3D platform with version 1.5.0.    It will crash with Exception areas or worse, it will CTD the simulator itself THEN crash itself.    Doesn't matter what plane I spawn in with and it does it at different times.  Sometimes it's instantly.  Other times I'll be in the climb or cruise and just... Prepar3D has stopped working.  You can close and EFB explodes right after.    This was one of my favorite programs and I am bummed I can't use it with my favorite simulation platform.  One of the suggested fixes is a no go which is to turn off AERO.   AERO is the reason my simulation runs smooth as glass now as it is required when flying in windowed mode.   If that is the only fix then I guess I lost my $80 bucks on something that will never work again.   Seems kind of lame that the Dev can't work around this exception error with a patch.   In the official forums such crashes are blamed on Simconnect exclusively.   I have all version of Simconnect installed on my system just to make sure all my add-ons have what they need to work.   If anyone got their EFB to work without turning off AERO I'd love to hear how.

I believe they have version 1.5.1....working perfect..

I only said what I like or need etc. and not that I keep things as real as it gets. ;) I never use real world routes. I really love how PFPX creates routes, how I can validate them, how PFPX picks the SID and STAR for me depending on the historic weather I always use, how it gives me correct weights and fuel, how the printed OFP looks, etc. I like to use real world charts because they show me the real data like trans alt, DH, and because they look different all over the world. What EFB offers me, I simply don't need. I don't like moving maps because it feels like cheating, haha, and I don't like fake charts, but that doesn't mean I do everything as real as it gets.

As I said, it depends on what you want and need. The OP has to decide himself if the program is worth the money.

Sorry my bad, I see yes of course in that case I think PFpX is the only one that can create validated routes!

I think the ultimate system would be having Navigrah chart subscriptions, PFpX and EFB but a bit pricey

ZORAN

I believe they have version 1.5.1....working perfect..

Already tried it out today and it still trashed the simulator.   I don't know what I have going that on that you don't which is causing the exception errors.   Alas.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Already tried it out today and it still trashed the simulator.   I don't know what I have going that on that you don't which is causing the exception errors.   Alas.

check in My documents Aivlasoft /EFB /User data if u have Runways.txt and SceneryExclude.txt and in sounds the beep.wap...a friend have a really hard time with this things not installed correctly

I use simbrief for planning and EFB for tracking.  I have PFPX, but it seems like a lot more work that is needed to generate a flightplan.  Just my personal preference.

Jeff Callender

That's assuming a route already exists.

One has popped up in Vroute for anywhere I wanted to go.

But that's just me.

I also have had NO issues with EFB. Something on your system is messing with it.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

One has popped up in Vroute for anywhere I wanted to go.

But that's just me.

I wanted EGCC-FAJS but it didn't exist so had to create one myself and it was a sod getting validated. But I agree that generally most routes are available.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I also have had NO issues with EFB. Something on your system is messing with it.

Vic

Dang it... T_T   Okay... I guess I need to sit down and do hardcore research.    I know it is something to do with the Simconnect module.   Maybe it's overloaded?   I mean FSUIPC, ActiveSKY Next, FSCaptain, LUVCARS are all hitting it at once to run all those add-ons.  Is it possible to overload Simconnect?

100454.png

Brian Navy

Dang it... T_T   Okay... I guess I need to sit down and do hardcore research.    I know it is something to do with the Simconnect module.   Maybe it's overloaded?   I mean FSUIPC, ActiveSKY Next, FSCaptain, LUVCARS are all hitting it at once to run all those add-ons.  Is it possible to overload Simconnect?

I guess anything is possible but I doubt that is the issue unless something else is locking it up.

I run ASN, FSUIPC, EFB, PlanG with no issues.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I have been looking at the Aivlasoft EFB, but a few things are not completely clear to me. I would appreciate hearing from some Aivlasoft EFB users. At least initially, I'd be using the EFB with FSX on a Win7/64 system with 8GB memory and a single screen.

- Does the EFB provide world-wide approach charts, and if so in what form? I get the impression the EFB provides its own version of approach charts vice copies of actual charts like SkyVector does. Are these charts sufficient for hand flying an approach?

- I assume the approach charts provided by the EFB are based on the Navigraph data. Do you have to have a yearlong subscription with Navigraph in order to get the approach charts info for the EFB, or can you just choose to update the AIRAC cycle when you think you need to do so, perhaps a few times a year in my case, like you can for the PMDG 737NGX, etc?

- Given the FMC capability and displays in an a/c like the 737NGX, do you still find the EFB useful during the flight, or is it mainly useful for planning purposes?

- Have you seen a significant FPS hit in flight with the EFB?

Thanks for any input,

Al

FlightGO (fltplan.com) App for the GA flying

PFPX/SimBrief for the Airliners

I can have everything ready to fly in like two minutes, no lie.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I love the EFB. I use fligthaware flightplans and cut and paste into the EFB and FSBuild.I use it as a high tech replacement for FSNavigator. Moving map and charts.

Richie Walsh