Sign in to follow this  
cathay747

FlyTampa Kai Tak issue

So I was landing at Kai tak with the MD11 the other day, and while doing the IGS and already turning, I discovered that to my horror, there were many buildings, but one of them was really tall, like really really tall and from the textures I believe it was a default building. I narrowly missed it and landed poorly.

But that said, can anyone try to raise some points as to what caused the issue and possibly provide help?

IIRC the FlyTampa version depicts a later landscape hence that skyscraper that's in the way.

It's a long time since I flew into there but I think there was a patch that you could apply to remove the syscraper.

Failing that see if the 9Dragons scenery is still available

I can't find any link and it's so long since I installed it I may have it wrong but that tall building on approach is not in my FSX.

It may have been from the Thomas Kwong VHHH (the new Hong Kong airport). If you have that installed try deactivating it in your scenery library and see if that tall building disappears.

Failing that ask in the FlyTampa Kai Tak forum, someone must know!

Failing that see if the 9Dragons scenery is still available

I tried it once in FSX but the results were not pretty! Great in FS9 though.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I don't think it's necessary to deactivate every scenery in this area. But perhaps you should raise the Kai Tak scenery to the top of your scenery library. Just check, where the Kai Tak scenery is located in your FSX scenery library and report back.

Matthias