Sign in to follow this  
wanabflyer

Weird taxi instructions

I get a similar thing with Voxatc and UK2000. If you are departing from Rnwy 09R, apart from T4 it does not matter which gate at terminals1-5 you push back from, the taxi instruction will be to taxi to and hold short of 09 at a crossing point , cross the Rnwy 09 then taxi to the South side taxiway to 09R. I don't think it's an AFCAD thing as the AI traffic does not use the same route.

I get a similar thing with Voxatc and UK2000. If you are departing from Rnwy 09R, apart from T4 it does not matter which gate at terminals1-5 you push back from, the taxi instruction will be to taxi to and hold short of 09 at a crossing point , cross the Rnwy 09 then taxi to the South side taxiway to 09R. I don't think it's an AFCAD thing as the AI traffic does not use the same route.

Not quite the same problem as mine, i.e. AI is using the same route in my case, so I suspect an AFCAD problem.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I've tried completely uninstalling and a fresh download and reinstall; haven't tried it yet as I've just had an op on my ankle and stairs are an issue. I've dropped an email to Tegwyn at his info@ address hopefully he will respond but I think it's the 2nd time I've asked; I guess he has a lot on.

AI using the default ATC and afcad from FSDT doesn't do all these weird taxi routes.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

So are you saying that it is possibly VoxATC and not the FSDT afcad?

Rick Hobbs

The only big anomaly I find with default ATC using the stock FSDT afcad is that when parked on the south terminal side and the 08's are active. Ground has traffic taxi A, H and across 08R to L to depart as it want's traffic to use the full length. I don't think it's the FSDT airport file.

Can't see any reason why ATC would have me crossing 08R at all, L runs straight from the terminal to the end of 08R and is accessible from every part of the terminal area.

Rick Hobbs

Can't see any reason why ATC would have me crossing 08R at all, L runs straight from the terminal to the end of 08R and is accessible from every part of the terminal area.

Exactly, and using the afcad that comes with FSDT Vancouver along with the default ATC that's the route you get to 08R from the Main/International  Terminal area.

this is not just limited to Orbx or FSDT; i have the same issue with UK2000 Heathrow Extreme. i am not expert enough to start playing with the airport AFCADS / cfg's etc. i have emailed Tegwyn 3 times over this without any response

Make sure you are running your "Runway Number Update" along with "VoxATC Indexer" if you update your Navigraph data every month. That may make a difference.

Hi,

There is any way to set the active runway in fsx?

In LEPA tha active runway is 24L when wind calm or SW wind, but this runway is never used for departure in real live.

That can be done using Airport Design Editor. You can select whether each runway is used for landing, takeoff, or both.

Jay

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

Talking about weird taxi instructions. My issue with VoxATC is that some of the taxiway numbers or letters do not match what VoxATC is asking me to use. I saw that when I was taxing at the Charlotte/Douglas International, and the Daytona Beach International airports. Again, no problem with the runway itself, but do have problem with the taxiway signs not matching what Vox is telling me to take. Sorry for high jacking your thread, but I think it's in the same subject matter.

gents in regards to my earlier posts, the AI traffic IS following the same bizarre taxing routes and it happens even if VATC is uninstalled.

Talking about weird taxi instructions. My issue with VoxATC is that some of the taxiway numbers or letters do not match what VoxATC is asking me to use. I saw that when I was taxing at the Charlotte/Douglas International, and the Daytona Beach International airports. Again, no problem with the runway itself, but do have problem with the taxiway signs not matching what Vox is telling me to take. Sorry for high jacking your thread, but I think it's in the same subject matter.

Before i have the same problem, but now I have FSCommander and i can see all the taxiways, parking, etc. FSCommander get all the information from fsx, so the info provided by the atc allways match with FSCommander.

gents in regards to my earlier posts, the AI traffic IS following the same bizarre taxing routes and it happens even if VATC is uninstalled.

Is AFCAD problem then, nothing to do with voxatc.