Sign in to follow this  
N3277T Charles

Installed Navigraph S550 Citation Extension Pack FSX

I have been flying this plane fairly good with Reality RXP 530XP installed.  When the new Navigraph FMS came out I downloaded to try it out.  After installation, I am only getting around 5 or less FPS.  Other planes as my PC-12 are getting 25 to 30 frames per second.  This is a major problem.

With the Navigraph Extension Pack it is not flyable.  Please any suggestions to correct this.  It seems that it is working pretty well for some people.

Appreciate any imput or suggestions.

Thanks,

chas

I had same issue and posted in the Navigraph thread. No answer there so I'm glad to see your post.

Yes I tried reinstalling both the plane and the Navigraph with the same result.  The frame rate is very low.  Sometimes between 1 and 5.  Without the Navigraph it is close to 30 FPS.  Not sure what to do.  It is working for some people.  I have tried down loading it again with the same result.

I wonder if Carenado can help.  I do like this plane.

I really just looked at it to see what it was all about. I'm sticking with Janek's work and ISG. Working well and great frames. And I agree. I like the plane.

I am having a problem when attempting to put in a approach and losing the flight plan.

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

They're charging for updates now???

There is no need to charge for what should have been part of the original release and covered by the item price. Charging for this only serves to see if you were really willing to spend $50 for this plane originally....

Possibly a way to see what they will charge for the upcoming Hawker 850XP.

And keeping in mind that you can buy a PMDG GNX, in all its detail functionality and blatant PERFECTION, for $70.  :huh:

Guest JustanotherPilot

Anyone know where the Navigraph Airac folder is kept for the C550, so that it can be updated. I can't locate it in the usual folders.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one. The frame rate sucks. After all the hype, this is VERY disappointing. Luckily it only cost the price of 2 cups of coffee. Anyway, do anyone have any ideas of what is going on. It's the worst frame rate I've seen in years on any product.

I'll add another "me too" to this topic.

I was running the Citation S550 with no problems getting a smooth, locked, 30 FPS.

I get the same smooth flying with the PMDG 737.

As soon as I downloaded and installed the Navigraph FMS update my Citation frame rates are now in single digits - totally unusable.

I deleted the Citation from FSX and then reinstalled it and again got a smooth 30 FPS flight, no problem.

I then installed the FMS Navigraph update and again got unusable frame rates.

Something is going on here with the Navigraph update, maybe not with all users but enough to show something is wrong.

Hope someone has some ideas.

df

I have been flying this plane fairly good with Reality RXP 530XP installed.  When the new Navigraph FMS came out I downloaded to try it out.  After installation, I am only getting around 5 or less FPS.  Other planes as my PC-12 are getting 25 to 30 frames per second.  This is a major problem.

With the Navigraph Extension Pack it is not flyable.  Please any suggestions to correct this.  It seems that it is working pretty well for some people.

Appreciate any imput or suggestions.

Thanks,

chas

I think that easiest option is described here:

http://www.isgsim.com/?page=panel_library⊂=retro_carenado_s550

and

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/460037-s550-with-isg-fms/page-10

I am using it along with Janek´s patch V1.61 without any issues.Not in the last point, ISG FMS is fully updateable every month, unlike their Navigraph FMS.They use some NAVIGRAPH database from 2013.Really, it is difficult to undderstand WHY CARENADO is unable to produce at least ONE PRODUCT without major issues.For Instance, MAJESTIC DASH 8 400Q for practically the same money like Carenado´s  Citation 550 is completely another league.