Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Trees and houses on taxiways

First - a disclaimer - I know NOTHING about scenery. SItuation is this - I have UTX, UTX Europe, FTX Global, OpenLC Europe, Orbx Norway, PNW, Vector. I have no add on airports installed.

I have two (so far) airports where I have trees and houses on the taxiways.

Currently scenery cfg has all UTX items on top with the OpenLC entries sandwiched between the UTX Vegetation and urban landclass - below that is all the orbx sceneries - Vector is disabled.

If I disable the UTX exclusion file OR if I disable the FTX Global Airports file - the trees disappear.

What I'm trying to understand is what exactly tells P3d to place trees on the taxiway or in reverse - what tells P3D there are NO trees and houses there.

Obviously disabling the entire exclusion file or airports file is huge overkill.

Trying to get a handle on whether moving some of the files in scenery library might solve the problem w/o causing other issues.

Thanx,

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

If things are done properly and if you layer things like a cake, you would/should not have any issues.

Big area products go beneath smaller area products. Norway goes on top of the Europe products. That's where the issues are?

I use UTX so all the UTX entries are top priority - then comes FSGlobal and the Orbx regions - then default.

Two trouble areas - KSBP in N. California and ENBR in Norway.

If I disable the URX exclusion file *OR* if I disable the FTXG Airports.bgl - KSBP clears up but ENBR does not.

I've tried disabling Norway but the ENBR issue still exists.

I have one thing I just remembered - I *had* FTX Vector enabled prior to installing UTX. I used the airport elevation tool. Since then I disabled Vector in favor of UTX. I wonder if the elevations got screwed up when I disabled Vector. Think I'll reenable Vector and reset the elevations and THEN disable and see if that helps.

Thanx,

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors