Sign in to follow this  
romo

Maximum Activations

Hi All,

Recent topics regarding Activations for PMDG products has aroused my curiosity and prompted me to ask

this question ........ Is there a maximum allowable number of activations for the many and varied PMDG products ????

For example I have downloaded and re-installed in FS9 and FSX most of the PMDG products over the past 10 to 12 years

and I have reinstalled OS systems and FSX many times over this period, therefore, will I ever run out of activations for eg

the 737NGX or any other aircraft in time memorial.???

I would hope that perhaps Kyle or some other commercial member of PMDG could be in a position to answer my question,

and if not, perhaps an experienced and long term member of the forum. The obvious reason for my question is that will I

have to purchase all of my PMDG aircraft again in the future if I uninstall and reinstall them time and time again.

I read the PMDG forums every day and so I learn and I learn and I learn, (and read the manuals) therefore I fly the 737NGX, 777/200LRF and

other PMDG aircraft without a problem.(usually no posting required)

Regards

Ronald May

Yes at a moment you will run out of activations, and than you need to contact pmdg to give you extra activations..but they give you only one every request you do...

Marc Van Loo

hmm .,. I thought that the number of activations is unlimited .. but it is necessary to unregister product through FMC before (reinstal, etc.) . How is it?

The 777 can be de-activated (see the intro doc), the NGX in SP1c can not. Do not yet have my hands on the SP1d for the NGX, though. Maybe deactivations are possible in the NGX SP1d, as well?

Only two activations are allowed per license/per user. If the activation limit has been reached, the counter can be reset by PMDG if you submit a support ticket to them.

This reset works as long as you can provide plausible reasons for your reactivations.

ok .. I already have my 777 registered 2 times .. So you want to say that - I ended up .. :huh:  I will reinstal P3D or windows or I dont know and product will can't be activate .. I don't know what to say ... I don't want to say something that I will be later repent 

Just uninstall the 777 as per PMDG instructions and you will free one activation for further use.

If all fails submit a support ticket.

EDIT:

"If you need to reinstall your operating system, are upgrading your hardware, or are installing on a completely new computer system, please deactivate your license manually first through the FMC on the MENU > PMDG SETUP > LICENSE page. This will eliminate the need for you to submit a support ticket for license reactivation after you reinstall."

Edited by olli4740

ok .. I already have my 777 registered 2 times .. So you want to say that - I ended up .. :huh:  I will reinstal P3D or windows or I dont know and product will can't be activate .. I don't know what to say ... I don't want to say something that I will be later repent 

There is a procedure outlined in the intro manual that could've helped you to avoid this. Please have a look at the intro manual.

For the current issue, just submit a ticket at support.precisionmanuals.com and we'll take care of it.

Kyle Rodgers

I don't know , maybe I do not understand ... for example LM(P3D) they have activation unlimited, but it is necessary to unregister product (basically standard uninstal= deactivation) I thought that here it works the same I don't know but I don't like be restricted  :mellow: sorry ..

Regards

This is for the PMDG B777:

(...)

EDIT:

"If you need to reinstall your operating system, are upgrading your hardware, or are installing on a completely new computer system, please deactivate your license manually first through the FMC on the MENU > PMDG SETUP > LICENSE page. This will eliminate the need for you to submit a support ticket for license reactivation after you reinstall."

I don't know , maybe I do not understand ... for example LM(P3D) they have activation unlimited, but it is necessary to unregister product (basically standard uninstal= deactivation) I thought that here it works the same I don't know but I don't like be restricted  :mellow: sorry ..

Think of it this way:

If it were unrestricted, someone could give their key to their friends, or a whole bunch of people on a forum, and allow them to use their key.

For this reason, we have decided to limit the amount of times someone can activate their product. As I've already mentioned, you can return your license when you know you're going to wipe your hard drive, change your OS, and so on. If you had one activation, it would set your activation count to zero. When you decided to activate again, you'd be right back at a single activation. We've gone as far as providing a way for you to manage your activations by yourself. This provides us reasonable protection from piracy, while also providing you with a way of avoiding being dependent on us to reset your activations.

Kyle Rodgers

Oliver - I've seen it .. thank you .. so I need reinstal only P3D/FSX I don't have deactivate license. after new instalaton P3D/FSX not required activation.  Right?

edit : to Kyle  I understand ..I thought that, if is activate one license can't be active another

Thank you for explanation .

Regards

edit : to Kyle  I understand ..I thought that, if is activate one license can't be active another

If you own the P3D version and an FSX version, these are separate licenses (if you look at the license keys, they're different).

If you're referring to FSX and FSX:SE, these are considered the same license.

Kyle Rodgers

no .. It was as an example .. for P3D users and FSX users  :hi: I have only P3D

I thought license as such - popularly