Sign in to follow this  
Ralgh

Some axis assignments don't work on my controllers

I have the Saitek throttle quadrant and assigned the flap axis to the far right lever. It accepts the assignment and shows on the calibration screen but it does not control the flaps on any airplane. The other two levers do work to control whatever axis I assign them to. I am also having the same type of issue with my Saitek X52. I assigned the rudder axis to the wheel on the top of the throttle and it shows on the calibration screen but it won’t control the rudder. The Saitek throttle will control the simulator throttle. I have installed the three simconnect files but I’m not sure those are meant to correct this kind of problem. If I assign the same axis to the same control via FSUIPC they both work properly. This is all happening on a new computer I just built. I had this exact setup working properly in FSX and Prepar3D on my old computer. I would prefer to just assign all the controls through the Prepar3D control menu but more so I really would like to know why they aren't working in the planes.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

I figured out what is going on here. On the Saitek Throttle Quadrant the levers from left to right are axis X, Y, and Z. For some reason the first time I assign the far right lever to an axis it is being assigned to axis X when it should be Z. If I redo the assignment it will then assign the axis to Z. The axis names are different for the X52 but the solution is the same. I’m not sure why it’s assigning the wrong axis name on the first try but I am at least able to assign all the controls as I want them.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg