Sign in to follow this  
Brian_A_Neuman

Navigraph/AIRAC on P3D

Maybe I missed it, but do we need to manually install the current AIRAC file for the P3D version of the NGX? The FMS updater from Navigraph cant find my P3D version. 

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

My Navigraph installer has picked up my P3D installs of the Aerosoft Bus and the PMDG NG.

Maybe I missed it, but do we need to manually install the current AIRAC file for the P3D version of the NGX? The FMS updater from Navigraph cant find my P3D version. 

If it doesn't pick it up, you can manually map it.

Kyle Rodgers

If it doesn't pick it up, you can manually map it.

I'll see if that works, it has been frustrating so far. I just made the transition to P3D this week and while it seems to be working better then FSX, I am having issues like this. I'll let you know if it works.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

I'll see if that works, it has been frustrating so far. I just made the transition to P3D this week and while it seems to be working better then FSX, I am having issues like this. I'll let you know if it works.

Remember: it's a new sim. All the stuff you needed to do to get FSX running, you'll probably need to do here. Don't just assume that everything is going to work simply because it worked for FSX...  :wink:

...well...minus a bunch of the CFG tweaking...but even the graphics settings should be adjusted in the sim to find the sweet spot.

Kyle Rodgers

Remember: it's a new sim. All the stuff you needed to do to get FSX running, you'll probably need to do here. Don't just assume that everything is going to work simply because it worked for FSX...  :wink:

...well...minus a bunch of the CFG tweaking...but even the graphics settings should be adjusted in the sim to find the sweet spot.

Oh trust me my man, I know. I have been simming since the SubLogic days and I am aware. Actually, with the migration tool, some things are easier, somethings not like FSINN. The only real issue I have left that I am trying to figure out is why the textures are not as crisp in the VC as compared to FSX, once I get that figured out, FSX will probably be a fond memory.

**Edit** I didnt have the most updated FMS Manager from Navgraph. I have it now, and it is working well.

Brian A. Neuman

Oh trust me my man, I know. I have been simming since the SubLogic days and I am aware. Actually, with the migration tool, some things are easier, somethings not like FSINN. The only real issue I have left that I am trying to figure out is why the textures are not as crisp in the VC as compared to FSX, once I get that figured out, FSX will probably be a fond memory.

If the "migration tool" is the Estonia thing people keep referencing, it's been known to cause issues (some mysterious black box appearing when launching P3D is one of them). Depending on what you're doing, it can also be violating EULAs, so please be careful.

As far as FSInn goes, my recommendation would be to install FSUIPC in P3D (the latest installer from Pete's site supports this) and use vPilot - much simpler.

**Edit** I didnt have the most updated FMS Manager from Navgraph. I have it now, and it is working well.

Glad to see that it's sorted.

Kyle Rodgers

Yes, I decided to use vPilot as it is an easier interface and causes less freezes. I have just been using FSInn for so long that it is hard to change habbits. And the Estonia thing works ok for the items that dont have P3D installers. Fortunately most of my favorite addons do have P3D installers or in the NGX case are native to P3D makes it easier. But there may be some old addons that the Migration Tool might be helpful with.

Brian A. Neuman

The only real issue I have left that I am trying to figure out is why the textures are not as crisp in the VC as compared to FSX, once I get that figured out, FSX will probably be a fond memory.

Brian,

What worked for me was to disable "Mipmap VC Panels" under "View and Panel Settings"  in the Graphics Settings.

Your mileage may vary... (just to cover myself)  ^_^

I have the Navigraph 1503 Airac installed into Prepar3d\PMDG\Navdata ...but on start up the 737NG FMC still gives the "Navdata out of date" message... which implies the 1108 Airac is still operative.

Is this the correct path, ie within the PMDG Module, or should the Navdata be installed elsewhere?

• Upvote 1

I have the Navigraph 1503 Airac installed into Prepar3d\PMDG\Navdata ...but on start up the 737NG FMC still gives the "Navdata out of date" message... which implies the 1108 Airac is still operative.

Is this the correct path, ie within the PMDG Module, or should the Navdata be installed elsewhere?

Mine also shows out of date on the FMC but when I check the version installed via the FMC it does state 1503 so its got the correct version. Maybe just a bug?

Barry Hicks

From EGFF to YSSY

Ensure that you have the correct version on the IDENT page.

Mine also shows out of date on the FMC but when I check the version installed via the FMC it does state 1503 so its got the correct version. Maybe just a bug?

Barry Hicks

Ensure you're operating the sim within the appropriate time range of the AIRAC. In other words, if you're doing a historical flight before the range, then you'll get the warning as well. Spurious, but you'll get it.

Kyle Rodgers

vPilot + IVAO's MTL model set is hands down the best you can get.  All that is missing is a custom SELCAL tone and that's about it.  

Kyle,

I am having the same problem with P3D2.5. The IDENT page shows AIRAC-1309 AUG22SEP18/13 whereas the Navigraph FMS Data Manager shows:

1. PFPX Professional Fligh Planner X
  2. PMDG (all products)
  3. TOPCAT

as '1503 rev 1'. I am operating on real-time, so no dates other than today.

Can you say what's wrong?

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

To anyone having these issues, can you go to the PMDG\Nav Data folder and look for the fmc_ident.txt, and then post the line that begins with [ident] ?

Kyle Rodgers