Sign in to follow this  
bartbmxgamer

PMDG MD-11 Won't Install In FSX Steam Edition ("Could not locate a valid fsx.cfg location")

When I try to install the PMDG MD-11 in a completely clean FSX Steam Edition without FSX disc version installed I keep getting the error: "Could not locate a valid FSX.CFG location." I've tried everything I could find related to this issue but I can't get it to work. Can someone help me out? Thanks a lot in advance.

When I try to install the PMDG MD-11 in a completely clean FSX Steam Edition without FSX disc version installed I keep getting the error: "Could not locate a valid FSX.CFG location." I've tried everything I could find related to this issue but I can't get it to work. Can someone help me out? Thanks a lot in advance.

This aircraft is not currently supported in FSX:SE.

Kyle Rodgers

This aircraft is not currently supported in FSX:SE.

I read (in another topic) that people could install it without problems. Seems like it's not the case for everyone.

Does anyone know weither they will create a MD-11 installer for FSX: SE? Thanks

Unfortunately that seems an extremely remote possibility. PMDG have sadly publically washed their hands of the MD11 and won't be offering anything further. I, along with many others think this is a huge shame, however they constantly state that the MD11 didn't do as well as they hoped.

I think that the MD has a huge amount of unfulfilled potential - in fact I believe that PMDG could more than likely give it a boost in sales by offering a couple of minor systems upgrades such as WXR integration, Failure system that doesn't need to be activated each flight, a usable SDK (for FS2Crew voice integration) and the ACARS Uplink similar to the 777.

I am surprised that they've never emailed their existing customer base to gauge the demand for such a Service Pack - even if chargeable. I for one would certainly shell out $25 for an upgrade like this.

Just my opinion.

Tom Beckett

Unfortunately that seems an extremely remote possibility. PMDG have sadly publically washed their hands of the MD11 and won't be offering anything further. I, along with many others think this is a huge shame, however they constantly state that the MD11 didn't do as well as they hoped.

I think that the MD has a huge amount of unfulfilled potential - in fact I believe that PMDG could more than likely give it a boost in sales by offering a couple of minor systems upgrades such as WXR integration, Failure system that doesn't need to be activated each flight, a usable SDK (for FS2Crew voice integration) and the ACARS Uplink similar to the 777.

I am surprised that they've never emailed their existing customer base to gauge the demand for such a Service Pack - even if chargeable. I for one would certainly shell out $25 for an upgrade like this.

Just my opinion.

I completely agree, I find the MD-11 is by far the best payware add-on I own. But it looks like I won't be able to use it anymore because I've only got the Steam Edition installed because every single add-on worked on there and I thought the MD-11 would work as well :(

I agree.  This is one of their best aircraft.  Modernization would do wonders.  Imagine this bird in P3d.  

Ed Farley

the MD11 works and installs perfectly into fsx se......it's your pc setup at fault not the md11.  run all the simconnects and see if that works.

Alright people, I got it to work, the solution was just too easy to be true (at first). Just change the config files name from fsx_se to fsx, install the MD-11, and change it back to fsx_se lol

When I try to install the PMDG MD-11 in a completely clean FSX Steam Edition without FSX disc version installed I keep getting the error

well you have found the solution.
His installation FSX_SE not clean.
If Steam does not find traces of FSX box on your computer, FSX_SE does not create a FSX-SE.CFG, creates FSX.CFG.
This is the biggest problem of the installation side by side.

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

what config files? I'm also trying to install this plane on steam!!

C:\Users\[your_name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft

If your FSX SE installation is not clean, you'll see a folder called FSX-SE which includes a file called fsx_se.CFG

When you're about to install e.g. the MD-11, change the folders name to FSX and the config files name to fsx.CFG

Than install the add-on and it will most likely work. After the installation, change the folder and the files name back to it's original.

Brilliant.

Chris honke

C:\Users\[your_name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft

If your FSX SE installation is not clean, you'll see a folder called FSX-SE which includes a file called fsx_se.CFG

When you're about to install e.g. the MD-11, change the folders name to FSX and the config files name to fsx.CFG

Than install the add-on and it will most likely work. After the installation, change the folder and the files name back to it's original.

spacer.png

Didn't work for me.

Sigh.

Chris h

spacer.png