Sign in to follow this  

March 17th for Titan X ...

Order in and paid for (and charged) ... just waiting shipping confirmation.  It was listed as "in stock" ... but from my past experience that doesn't always reflect reality.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks for the video David, that guy's pretty entertaining! Amazing performance from that card.

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Does the video card make THAT MUCH of a DIFFERENCE in FSX?  I've been led to believe it's the PROCESSOR that really counts.  Have an Nvidia 780ti.

Stan

Does the video card make THAT MUCH of a DIFFERENCE in FSX?  I've been led to believe it's the PROCESSOR that really counts.  Have an Nvidia 780ti.

Stan

P3D will use a lot more of that card - fsx will be limited biggest reason is dx11 used by P3D and code re-written to utilize it - fsx still using dx10 and no tessellation and old code so to buy this for fsx would not be the best idea

Rich Sennett

4GB VRAM will not cut it for my 4K res needs ... but if AMD do release a 8GB variant and it proves to be better in P3D then I'll buy one and sell my Titan X (whenever that happens).

I'm calling my spot in line for that one, I'm number 1! (Not joking at all!)  :ph34r:

Aamir Thacker

Leaked benchmarks and specs for the AMD R9 390X and the cut down 6GB GM200 which is referred to in the article as an nVidia GTX 980 Ti:

http://wccftech.com/amd-r9-390x-nvidia-gtx-980ti-titanx-benchmarks/#ixzz3UTbJwXjN

These two cards could be vaporware though, but there are now a bunch of rumors that the branded GTX 980 Ti cards will be released in June, 2015.

That 390x is looking pretty good.

Might be a win for us goat headers.

I see that two GTX 970s leave them all three behind though.

SLI dreaming...

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Is this the right card?

Yes.

I'm now also able to run Terrain Shadows at 80,000m without a huge performance hit.

Cheers, Rob.

Charging $1000 for the extra heat and noise.

My Titan X is quieter than my 970 and about the same as my Titan Black.

The review of the Titan X that came up after the video you posted was pretty interesting ... games I've never seen (8192 textures) but that reviewer was hilarious and apparently loves the Titan X including it's noise and heat.  I'd link the video but some of the language may not be appropriate.

Thanks for posting link, be sure to watch the following video review of the card, it is entertaining.

Cheers, Rob.