Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Curious...when did YOU buy into the XP franchise?

For myself, it was XP v6.0

Just came off a flight between San Diego, and San Francisco.  XP 10.35rc1, is the smoothest flight sim platform running on my system.  Dead smooth screen animation, mostly keeping at my locked 33 FPS.  So very, very satisfied with the XP 'experience'.

So...when did YOU, get on board?

Mitch

I started with XP2, when it was priced around $500 (used a demo only... ) if my memory is not failling... One day Austin announce X-Rotor, but soon after decided to merge both sims :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I'm a "newbie" XP'er, starting only when the Sim was introduced for Steam. Bought it at the introductory price, and now I'm waiting on IXEG to release their 737, before I spend some quality time with the sim.

Aamir Thacker

When the Aces Game Studio team were let go way back when, I wanted to go with a flight simulator with a future. X-Plane has done pretty well since then and I look forward to future improvements. I thought it was great that the sim could be used by pc, mac and linux platforms. The jump to 64-bit was forward looking.

I am interested to see how the PMDG involvement proceeds and the quality of their products in XP-10. I suspect there will be other companies interested in products for the growing community of users.

Jim Morgan

I want to say I started with XP 7 but left it pretty quickly. I came back for XPX. I find myself using it more and more. If more addon developers come on board it could be great. We need better AI and eventually ATC.

NAX669.png

I think around the coming of XP10

I now fly all three sims

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

ditto,except only really started this year with 10.30

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I first bought during X Plane 9 when the graphics started to get on par with FS2004.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

X-Plane 10 was my first from LR. Switched sides 3 years ago.

My first sim was Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 on Atari ST back in the old days. After that MS Flight Simulator all versions, untill I gave up on FSX. Never looked back.

Torfi

X-Plane 8 ... when they started to support Linux (and that was the time, when I ultimately ditched Windows and with it MSFS ... and moved to Linux full time).

I started with X-Plane 9 back in spring 2010, but would of gotten it much earlier if I had been alive :smile: .

For me it was with X-plane 9. Don't really remember how I stumbled upon it. Probably thanks to AVSIM(?) as I've been a long-time lurker. I know I really didn't like it at first when all aircraft felt so darned twitchy and unruly. Back then I hadn't gone full mental on buying stuff for flight simulation so X-plane 9 ended up on the shelf. 

Then I started seeing news about X-plane 10. It looked awesome. Ordered it from the US the moment it was released. Not long after that I started to develop the "buy-addon-sickness". Now I am beyond rescue. I now use P3D-XP-FSX and the hangar keeps growing... =) 

Oh, and yes. Nowadays I really like X-plane... ;)

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

For me it was X-Plane 9, tried it for about 2 weeks then hit the delete button, then when X-Plane 10 came along I gave it another try and the moment I experienced the night, dusk/dawn lightings I had that wow!! moment, this time I hit the delete button on FSX due to my frustration with constance OOMs.

I also started with XP9, but didn't like it. Truth be told, I really didn't give it much of a chance. It didn't wow me, so I went back to FSX.

When XP10 came out, I gave it another chance and bought my first payware plane for XP. After that I was hooked.  Still played FSX once in a while and bought P3d as well, but most of my time was spent in XP10.  About a year ago, I deleted FSX & P3d since I wasn't using them anymore.

Rob