Sign in to follow this  
belongedtoair

Cannot get the Nvidia Inspector working.

Hi all.

I'm making a switch from fsx to P3D. On fsx I've lock my frames to 20 and set vsync 1/3 of refresh rate, and I'm getting a smooth flight experience.

I tried to do it on P3D, created a new profile for it, and selected prepar3d.exe. I did the changes then apply the settings and close N.I. But there's no difference on the sim. My frames are still unlimited and AA is not working.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks 

Not 100% sure but I don't think P3D supports that because it doesn't run in either 100% full screen or 100% window (one of the two). I remember seeing discussions on this but didn't pay much attention, because I don't use that approach. In both sims I just lock to 25fps and be done with it. If I load the graphics just right I don't have stutters.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

jimcarell is right, Nvidia 1/2, 1/3 etc. refresh rate vsync only works in Full Screen Exclusive mode which P3Dv2 does not have. Try this: Make sure you have selected an Aero desktop theme, set Nvidia Control Panel vsync to Adaptive and enable the sim vsync + triple buffering.

jimcarell is right, Nvidia 1/2, 1/3 etc. refresh rate vsync only works in Full Screen Exclusive mode which P3Dv2 does not have. Try this: Make sure you have selected an Aero desktop theme, set Nvidia Control Panel vsync to Adaptive and enable the sim vsync + triple buffering.

Tried your suggestions, but still it doesn't working at all :(  

Anyway, can you tell me a program that I can limit my frames externally? Because when I limited it in internal limiter, my frames down so much. 

Limit the FPS via NI itself, work pretty well (for me at least) without the FPS drop penalty.

2dkbhb6.jpg

If you got the newer Driver / GTX Card

you can find it under "Sync and Refresh" section as depicted below

ibxd15.jpg

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg