Sign in to follow this  
windshearDK

Strange P3D experience

Dear all.

Yesterday I was planning a flight from HKG - YYZ in P3D

When I hit pushback, I suddenly saw that the plane did not move. First I thought it was the pushback that failed. But I could move from the gate with engine power either.

I then switched gate, same result, I then moved to the runway, not even full power got me moving, but the wheels were spinning though!

I restarted the sim and everything worked fine,

Upon landing the auto brakes did not work, it switched off and also the manual brakes did not work 100%.

Braking later while taxiing, the brakes worked ok.

My question is now if there could be some friction issue with the P3D version of the 777?

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Do you have any axis assigned to brakes?

He said the wheels were spinning and talked about autobreak not working on landing, don't think that has anything to do with axis assignments.

He said the wheels were spinning and talked about autobreak not working on landing, don't think that has anything to do with axis assignments.

It's an issue that only this one user has reported so it is most likely not down to programming or PMDG's end. Just trying to get to the bottom of the issue.

I would check your wheels page next time it happens and see if you didn't inadvertently blow all your tires.

I've seen that happen a few times, especially if I slew a bit and there is a slight elevation change between the current location and the final place you come out of slew. 

Got me scratching my head too when I first encountered it (Think it was coming out of replay a second before it finished with the entire replay...just landed, when I tried to taxi off the runway...no dice, hehe).

If it is that....just have the maintenance crew come out and do a pit stop, hehe. (Replace Tires in the Ground Maintenance menu...2nd page) :wink:  

You can bill PMDG for the new set.  :Big Grin:  

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg