Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Non Sequential Layer (scenery library error)?

Anyone seen this error before?  I just added an afcad from FSX to P3D, which I placed in the addon scenery folder (which I had to create of course) and added it manually.

I got this error as soon as I put it in.

nonseqlayering.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Bump......Sorry i cant help,  but would also like to know what it is 

Yes, I have seen this. Fighting it right now. It seems that scenery added to the scenery.cfg by Scenery Config Editor does not check the add-on.xml files for next scenery layer so duplicate layers are created. I have no idea how to correct this except hand editing, but with over 500 layers, holy crap.

Is there a layer tracking .cfg for both types/methods of add-ons? I think LM has created a nightmare for v4 users. I even have the AddonOrganizer and it does not correct or catch the error. 

I have had this occur a couple of times. I allowed the sim to correct the sequencing and was able to continue flying without issues.

I get it every time I add a layer and wonder why it keeps happening.  I never saw it in FSX or in P3D 1, 2, or 3.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Yes...I started having this problem when I added Tongass via the scenery library.

If I let LM fix it, Tongass high and low are in the wrong location.

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

I have found this is normal when you 'manually' add scenery instead of putting it in the addon-scenery.xml or other .xml.  Whenever you manually add new scenery, I always make sure I move the new scenery up or down to the proper location before I click okay.  It will happen too if I activate a photoscenery during setup for a flight.  P3Dv4 made some major changes to adding scenery. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10