Sign in to follow this  
I_A_N

P3D - no landing gear, blank MFD's

Hello
I recently upgraded Prepar3D from 2.4 to 2.5. I had some issues with the install that necessitated uninstalling 2.4 and re-installing 2.5. Once I was satisfied that it was working properly, I installed the PMDG 772.

My current issues:

1. Upon initial loading of 777, everything appears to be ok. However, I'm getting some errors with joystick assignments. Tonight, Throttle #2 advanced itself to the midway position. I could only bring it back to idle by using the mouse. I triple checked everything in FSUIPC and the assignments and calibrations are correct. Everything works fine with the default Iris F22.

2. The biggest issue - if I reload the 777 or it is automatically reloaded following a crash, the MFD's are blank, the landing gear is missing, nothing is animated and it appears that I can't click anything in the cockpit.

It might be worth mentioning that I had problems with the 777 loading that brought up the error message that it was unable to load its working files. However, this issue seems to be resolved after I modified the permissions in my Prepar3D directory to allow full access.

I'm using a Saitek yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttles, TrackIr5, and Saitek rudder pedals. I use FSUIPC for all joystick assignments and have Prepar3D set to ignore all joysticks. As far as I know, all of my software (FSUIPC, PMDG, Prepar3D) is up to date. 

I'm running all of this on an AMD 1090T 3.2 with a stable OC to 3.6ish, an R9 270X video card, 16 GB RAM and 3 Dell 23" monitors.

Thank you in advance,

2. The biggest issue - if I reload the 777 or it is automatically reloaded following a crash, the MFD's are blank, the landing gear is missing, nothing is animated and it appears that I can't click anything in the cockpit.

This issue is probably caused by an incorrect SimConnect runtime installation on your computer, follow these instructions to fix it:
Navigate to this folder:
<P3D root folder>\redist\FSX-RTM\lib

Run the SimConnect.msi installer file inside the folder.

Repeat the process in the FSX-SP1\lib and FSX-SP2-XPACK\lib folders.

Kyle Rodgers

This issue is probably caused by an incorrect SimConnect runtime installation on your computer, follow these instructions to fix it:
Navigate to this folder:
<P3D root folder>\redist\FSX-RTM\lib

Run the SimConnect.msi installer file inside the folder.

Repeat the process in the FSX-SP1\lib and FSX-SP2-XPACK\lib folders.

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, this did not fix it.

I also also re-installed the 777 which did not fix it either. It might be worth mentioning that the VC displays the yoke all the way to the left, and the throttles are in the full power position when I have this problem.

Thank you,

I'm having this problem too. Ran SimConnect.msi but I still don't see the activation prompt. The aircraft is complete dark with the yoke all the way to the left and no landing gears.

Yihsin Hu

Fulcrum One Yoke / FSProjects Airbus Side Stick, Honeycomb Bravo, Slaw Device RX Viper V2

Intel i9 10900K, EVGA 3080Ti FTW, 32GB RAM

Im having the same issue. And im running FSX. No landing gear, cockpit is dark, no clickable buttons and throttles are at full.

If you get any info to fix it please let me know.

Sincerely, Dylan McLean 

I do not use P3D, but on FSX, I had to delete the (apparently corrupted) saved panel files in the folder [FSX Root folder]>PMDG>PMDG 777X>PanelState

Search similar topic "B77W: No gauges, no gear .." which might help you. Sorry I am unable to paste links.

C Oragwu.

Regards,

C Orags, DNMM

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgBanner_MJC11.png

I too am having this issue and I have just tried Kyles fix - opened a support ticket as mine is asking me to activate each time.

Reporting back - Kyle's fix did not work.  I also have the yoke to the left and full throttles and am not able to click on anything in the cockpit.  I started a support ticket.

The support guy said by was a licensing issue so to check I installed the NGX with no issue. Then installed the 200LR. No issue. Installed the 300 with a freshly downloaded installer and the issue remains. Support ticket is still open with no reply for 3 days. Any thoughts?

I had the same problem with the 777 200 on FSX, but this morning, it hit me that I might have used my P3D activation key on FSX. Checking my records, sure enough, that was what I had done. Used the activation key for FSX from the past and it all came good for me. Mighty pleased!

Good evening everbody,

Still this evening i have a big problem with ALL my PMDG procduts ( 777, 737, 747). When i want to make a fly i have to put my activation key every times in every add-on ! Resintall make nothing i dont have change anything im my config i was in holdiay 3 weeks when im back i start my computer and this is coming.

When i put my activation key it's ok that's ok but when im in the game in dont have landing gear and i cant push any button in the cockpit. So if you can help me please !!!

Best Regards.

Bakrim Malik

Still this evening i have a big problem with ALL my PMDG procduts ( 777, 737, 747). When i want to make a fly i have to put my activation key every times in every add-on ! Resintall make nothing i dont have change anything im my config i was in holdiay 3 weeks when im back i start my computer and this is coming.

When i put my activation key it's ok that's ok but when im in the game in dont have landing gear and i cant push any button in the cockpit. So if you can help me please !!!

Bakrim, I assume you have FSX (not FSXSE or P3D) based on your product list.  You may have an activation problem that must be resolved by submitting a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support (support.precisionmanuals.com).

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank's for your fast answer,i will try with ticket. I wish it will not take 4 days to have reply.