Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

The Dollar is close to matching the EURO!

I'm eyeballing OpenCockpits  also as a 1:1 ratio takes some of the sting out of shipping costs now also.

They may just start cranking the prices up to compensate.

Holy Cow just noticed, might be time to look at some Flight Deck Solutions gear.

I am in the market for that throttle 737 :)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Strong US dollar means lower dollars for others like Australia, Canada or New Zealand, which had been strong against a lower green-back but now it is getting pricey for us to buy addons from the US.

I still purchase anyways

Matthew Kane

Strong US dollar means lower dollars for others like Australia, Canada or New Zealand, which had been strong against a lower green-back but now it is getting pricey for us to buy addons from the US.

I still purchase anyways

Same here, what are gonna do.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Why are you guys worried about where to buy.....just use the US Governments formula for gaining wealth.....go into massive debt.  Apparently its the new math!

Not to be political, simply a fact, much of that debt has gone to help protect the free world. In my mind, that's a good investment.

just use the US Governments formula for gaining wealth.....go into massive debt.

And why exactly US Government? 

Countries like Japan, Germany, France, Ireland, Belgium, Norway, Switzerland ... (list is quite long) have much higher debt as percentage of their GDP than US. I grant you Canada has lower debt.

Egh, I am enjoying the small discount on euro priced products right now but who knows what will happen in a few months or weeks. I have a feeling eventually the Euro will creep back up.

Brandon Gaumond

@ Ohsirus - I have their EFIS, MCP, and 737 CDU Pro.  It makes flying so much better IMO!

Kev

Not to be political, simply a fact, much of that debt has gone to help protect the free world. In my mind, that's a good investment.

Wasn't it a coalition? Break down each countries contributions per capita and all lot are not too far off. Per Capita Canada contributed more to Afghanistan then most other nations that were there.

Per Capita Jamaica got the most gold medals in the last Olympics and New Zealand was in third and USA wasn't even in the top 20. Fact is smaller nations do more heavy lifting as each citizen are far more productive then the larger nations with much more waste, but the larger nations have the privileged few that everyone makes an example out of.

Break it down and the average American Citizen isn't too far off anyone else anywhere else in the world. We all go to work and pay our taxes. I prefer New Zealand as I moved here from America, it has the lowest corruption in the world and the lowest tax rates in the western world and it is a little island nation that kicks butt. Can't think of a better nation to live and raise a family, we are the worlds country club, and it has never missed a war when asked including Vietnam so it more then contributes as well    B)

Matthew Kane

I am in the market for that throttle 737 :)

I just ordered the Jetmax TQ :) It was listed in CAD. now its 80% of that in US $ 

I need to go check out flight illusions.

The thing is, I am slowly weening myself from GA to the airliners!  I hope I don;'t eventually end up with a  777 cockpit in 10-15 years like few people I know. :P 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Wasn't it a coalition? Break down each countries contributions per capita and all lot are not too far off. Per Capita Canada contributed more to Afghanistan then most other nations that were there.

Per Capita Jamaica got the most gold medals in the last Olympics and New Zealand was in third and USA wasn't even in the top 20. Fact is smaller nations do more heavy lifting as each citizen are far more productive then the larger nations with much more waste, but the larger nations have the privileged few that everyone makes an example out of.

Break it down and the average American Citizen isn't too far off anyone else anywhere else in the world. We all go to work and pay our taxes. I prefer New Zealand as I moved here from America, it has the lowest corruption in the world and the lowest tax rates in the western world and it is a little island nation that kicks butt. Can't think of a better nation to live and raise a family, we are the worlds country club, and it has never missed a war when asked including Vietnam so it more then contributes as well    B)

No doubt there is a lot of help. The American taxpayer is going to suffer because no president in recent history has levied a tax to pay the debt. They keep moving it to the next generation. I didn't mean to imply that nobody has done any heavy lifting. China keeps buying our debt. That is scary. Why is the USD strong? That's a good question. You made a wise decision.

Why is the USD strong? That's a good question. You made a wise decision.

I will always care about the USA and strong criticism comes from that, when you do care about something. it is a good run at the moment so hopefully everyone can prosper. 

Matthew Kane

China keeps buying our debt.

This is another myth that suggest China "owns" US, in fact China owns only about 8% of US debt. Nothing scary for sure.

Why is the USD strong? That's a good question.

Hardly anything surprising about it in view of low unemployment hence expectations that Fed will start rising rates soon. Perhaps surprising only to some 'imminent economic collapse' idiots on internet paddling gold/silver coins to gullible investors.