Sign in to follow this  
Aamir

OOMs? What OOMs?

Guys, I just finished a 13 hour flight in P3D 2.5. So far, very pleased... Both departure and arrival was very smooth, and so I was one happy bunny!

To give you a quick idea of what I was running:

1) T2G VHHH
2) FTX:G
3) REX4
4) ASN
5) FSDT KLAX

--

7zKpxWg.png

Aamir Thacker

Guys, I just finished a 13 hour flight in P3D 2.5. So far, very pleased... Both departure and arrival was very smooth, and so I was one happy bunny!

To give you a quick idea of what I was running:

1) T2G VHHH

2) FTX:G

3) REX4

4) ASN

5) FSDT KLAX

--

Nice flight and nice screenshot. Yep, with reasonable settings it's no problem doing these kinds of flights.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Yeah the OOM problems are overrated, stop putting EVERYTHING at 100% detail with 100% traffic and you wont get OOM errors PERIOD!

By the way... Nice Shot!

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

what Aircraft you were using? did you measure the amount of VAS left after you landed (FSUIPC has that Option)?

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

what Aircraft you were using? did you measure the amount of VAS left after you landed (FSUIPC has that Option)?

PMDG 777.

Nope, I was too tired after that haul to even remember. 

Currently, I'm running two profiles, one for GA and one for Long Haul flights. i set up my Long Haul profile based on my VAS usage in my most demanding scenery area. I made sure that I used settings that would allow for switching views and using GSX, ASN in heavy overcast etc and to give me some overhead. Their are some compromises you have to make based on what scenery your using but it's worth it. Longest flight I've done so far using that profile is 4hrs and all went smoothly unlike my flying. If you set everything up within limits, its a good experience. Nice shot by the way

Thanks! Yeah, I think I've found a pretty happy balance between visuals and VAS usage.

Next thing I gotta figure out is why approaching Aerosoft's EGLL causes massive frame drops, whereas it's a smooth 20-22FPS on the ground, and departing. Weird.

Aamir Thacker

PMDG 777.

Nope, I was too tired after that haul to even remember.

Thanks! Yeah, I think I've found a pretty happy balance between visuals and VAS usage.

Next thing I gotta figure out is why approaching Aerosoft's EGLL causes massive frame drops, whereas it's a smooth 20-22FPS on the ground, and departing. Weird.

Haha EGLL is my most hard hit area also. That spot is a notorious black spot like a few others dotted around the P3D/FSX world. I remember reading an article on it back in the dim and distant past which made sense at the time but I cannot remember the details anymore. All I remember is, it's akin to all the ley lines converging on one spot from a development aspect. And no, I'm not making it up maybe someone can remember the article that has the real explanation.

PMDG properly serializes your panel and FMC - simply save your flight (during cruise, preferably), exit and then reload the flight. It's really that simple. Takes a few seconds if you already have your saved flight file in front of you and programed to open directly into P3D via a double-click and if you don't have the scenario window set to show during P3D startup (you can change this on-the-fly in your CFG under: [uSERINTERFACE] SHOW_SCENARIO_WINDOW=0 or 1). Set a link on your desktop to your CFG file and all the easier...

Haha EGLL is my most hard hit area also. That spot is a notorious black spot like a few others dotted around the P3D/FSX world. I remember reading an article on it back in the dim and distant past which made sense at the time but I cannot remember the details anymore. All I remember is, it's akin to all the ley lines converging on one spot from a development aspect. And no, I'm not making it up maybe someone can remember the article that has the real explanation.

Makes me sad because I absolutely adore EGLL, and love flying BAW routes.

Aamir Thacker

Currently, I'm running two profiles, one for GA and one for Long Haul flights.

What is the best way to do this? Is there a way I can save a heavy VAS rendering option and a low VAS rendering option and then choose which one I want for a flight? As of right now I just manually adjust sliders around.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

What is the best way to do this? Is there a way I can save a heavy VAS rendering option and a low VAS rendering option and then choose which one I want for a flight? As of right now I just manually adjust sliders around.

Start P3D

This assumes you’re not starting from the Start-up Scenario screen…

GOTO Options/Settings/[select an option]

If you have the start-up Scenario screen just follow from here…

Adjust settings to your desired values.

In Settings under Display, select Graphics.

Under Graphics Global Settings, select ‘Save Settings’ this brings up the save dialogue window. Your settings will be saved to: ‘C:\Users\{Your Name}\Documents\Prepar3D v2’ Leave this as the default path and choose a name to save your settings too. For example, ‘Long Haul’

You can now do one of two things. If you have the “Show Scenario Start-up Screen” checkbox selected under Settings-General, every time you start up P3D you can choose your profile to load with your other options by selecting it under the “Selected Graphics Profile” Current Profile dropdown.

If you don’t use a Scenario screen then select the profile you want to use from Options/Settings/[select an option] once P3D has loaded.

What is happening under the hood?

Your custom profile only contains the following entries:

[GRAPHICS]

[DISPLAY]

[PANELS]

[sCENERY]

[TERRAIN]

[WEATHER]

[AContain]

When you load your custom profile located at: ‘C:\Users\{Your Name}\Documents\Prepar3D v2’ your settings are merged with the main config file located at: ‘C:\Users\{Your Name}\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2’

In theory, you can have as many user profiles as you like but only one main configuration file is used. Any settings in the main file remain untouched.

Of course you can have as many custom main profiles as you like too but these would have to be manually copied to the right folder each time you wanted to use them.

Hope that helps.

Bri

PMDG properly serializes your panel and FMC - simply save your flight (during cruise, preferably), exit and then reload the flight. It's really that simple. Takes a few seconds if you already have your saved flight file in front of you and programed to open directly into P3D via a double-click and if you don't have the scenario window set to show during P3D startup (you can change this on-the-fly in your CFG under: [uSERINTERFACE] SHOW_SCENARIO_WINDOW=0 or 1). Set a link on your desktop to your CFG file and all the easier...

Not on VATSIM. Maybe if your crossing the atlantic and there's no ATC, then you could probably do it.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Hope that helps.
Bri

Thanks Bri for the explanation! I will give it a go this weekend. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?