Sign in to follow this  
Pete5

deleting half of default traffic

I use WOAI so I don't want default commercial traffic but still want small aircraft like the Mooney and cessna, can I parcely delete the file? (I already removed it but I did not delete it the traffic030528.bgl).

Look at this file here in the library:

default_ga_flightplans_v2.zip

to replace your default file.

Look at this file here in the library:

default_ga_flightplans_v2.zip

to replace your default file.

im sorry if i am a noob but how do I do that?

At the top of the forum screen click on File Library Main Page. (You may have to complete a library registration first to use it as at one time it was separate.) After you have logged in just complete it like this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9owv0x463csh95/avsim%20lib%20search%20screen.jpg?dl=0

The description will now be up in the window.

I checked the file and it is the text flight plan files that need to be compiled to produce a traffic type .bgl file. They need to be combined with an airports.txt file and aircraft.txt file.

For the ones you want you paste each plan text into your new flightplans.txt file.

I can set up the default airports file if you wish. It will take me a couple of days to get all in order.

Download the .zip file and decompress it into a projects folder. Look at each ac# file for that aircraft and you'll see the schedule of airports for each aircraft notably the ICAO code for each airport used.

Do you have any add-on airports? If so it can get more complicated. If you do not need to include them, just the default airports, I can set it up getting the airports list from the default traffic file.

I've got a lot of personal things going on here so it may be a few days before I can get to it.

The basic utility you can download here is ttools202.zip (find it as illustrated above) if you wish to try this yourself. Unzip the file into a folder such as TTools202. Read the manual in .htm browser format to get a feel for the basics. You can either use the included Collect Airports utility to get the airports.txt file from your installed scenery or get it by decompiling the default traffic file traffic030528.bgl in FS9\scenery\World\scenery. You will need to rename traffic030528.bgl to traffic030528.bgh to make it ineffective to avoid duplication especially with your Woa files you have installed. You will create a new file called something like GA_only_.bgl using the flight plan lines you add to flightplans.txt from the downloaded file project file. Decompiling traffic030528.bgl will also give you aircraft list you will need.

I'll get back to you with more information to check if the downloaded project file aircraft numbers match the default traffic file aircraft list.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jbptsqeal6ht4d3/default%20GA%20flightplans%20V2.zip?dl=0

is a zip file that contains a Traffic GA bgl file, the concatenated flight plan text files into the flightplans.txt file, an airports.txt file made from the default, and an aircraft.txt file made from the default. I only included modern GA and I did not include the DC-3. The Piper only flies in North America and the others globally.

I did not test this. You can unzip to a folder you create and copy the bgl to the usual FS9\scenery\Word\scenery folder to activate. Rename the original default bgl as previously stated to disable it. Read the flightplans.txt folder in Wordpad to see the global areas covered.

Credit goes to James Whitaker for creating the source files in default_ga_flightplans_v2.zip.

airports.txt and aircraft.txt were decompiled from the default traffic file traffic030528.bgl provided with FS9 using AIFP3. flightplans.txt was made by copying/pasting the modern aircraft flight plans in default_ga_flightplans_v2.zip.

The bgl file was compiled by AIFP version 3 AI Flight Planner - © 2008-2015 - Don Grovestine available here:

http://stuff4fs.com/open.asp?Folder=AIFP&JS=TRUE

Let me know how it works.

Disclaimer:

This bgl file should not cause any damage to FS files or your computer. I do not take any responsibility for any damages. The .bgl file was scanned by Norton AV and found clear.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jbptsqeal6ht4d3/default%20GA%20flightplans%20V2.zip?dl=0

is a zip file that contains a Traffic GA bgl file, the concatenated flight plan text files into the flightplans.txt file, an airports.txt file made from the default, and an aircraft.txt file made from the default. I only included modern GA and I did not include the DC-3. The Piper only flies in North America and the others globally.

I did not test this. You can unzip to a folder you create and copy the bgl to the usual FS9\scenery\Word\scenery folder to activate. Rename the original default bgl as previously stated to disable it. Read the flightplans.txt folder in Wordpad to see the global areas covered.

Credit goes to James Whitaker for creating the source files in default_ga_flightplans_v2.zip.

airports.txt and aircraft.txt were decompiled from the default traffic file traffic030528.bgl provided with FS9 using AIFP3. flightplans.txt was made by copying/pasting the modern aircraft flight plans in default_ga_flightplans_v2.zip.

The bgl file was compiled by AIFP version 3 AI Flight Planner - © 2008-2015 - Don Grovestine available here:

http://stuff4fs.com/open.asp?Folder=AIFP&JS=TRUE

Let me know how it works.

Disclaimer:

This bgl file should not cause any damage to FS files or your computer. I do not take any responsibility for any damages. The .bgl file was scanned by Norton AV and found clear.

thx now i don't have random horrible md80's with my WOAI

?

There is no default MD83 delivered with FS9. It is not in the default flight plan aircraft list. I have one but not sure where it came from. Either way, it's not in the default flight plan.

?

There is no default MD83 delivered with FS9.

Yes, there is.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif