Sign in to follow this  
Urshult Haze

Problem with blurry textures (blurries) in 2.5

Win 8.1, 4770k, Titan, 4k monitor.

Microstutter: Fixed it by using Nvidia driver 337.88 instead of the latest one. (just me having trouble with that driver?)

Autogen popping up late: Fxed by turning on hyperthreading (are you guys using that?)

1-2 sec freezes: I can live with that… (until Skylake I guess).

Blurry textures: This is why I have my finger on the "delete P3D button"! I find this so irritating that I can not use Prepar3d. Better use that expensive SSD space for something else.

I had the same problem in 2.3 (never used 2.4) Textures loading really slow.

Changed the affinitymask in task manager everytime i started Prepar3d and it was fine. Now it´s the same but there is nothing to change about the affinity mask.

Maybe I will try 2.3 again!?

So…

Anyone out there with some magic that I have not yet tried? :help:

I have tested all settings in Nvidia inspector/control panel, all tweaks in prepar3d.cfg imaginable… basically all that can be "googled" about blurry textures I have tried.

I really don't want to but …. I think I have to give up... or have a break... will be back... the eyecandy in prepar3d is very addictive!  :P

Haze

Haze.

Sweden.

Hotas Warthog. MFG Crosswind. MSFS. DCS. IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles.

For the blurry textures try locking your frame rates, I have mine set to 20 but with a Titan you may go higher (no need really but you can experiment).

Also, try adding, in the "Main" section of cfg, the entry for FFTF with a value of 0.01

There is a thread about it here in Avsim, and I am using it as well

I have tried FFTF from 0.01 to 0.66.

and different settings for TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT and TextureMaxLoad.

No major change!

I get more stutter if I use anything but fps to unlimited and vsync / triple buffering on.

Nothing left in NI  but SGSSAA.

New installed windows on a rig used only for flightsim.

Tried different or no overclocking on CPU and GPU and RAM.

XP and DCS and COD and ROF is working perfectly but not P3D.

Haze.

Sweden.

I have tried FFTF from 0.01 to 0.66.

and different settings for TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT and TextureMaxLoad.

No major change!

I get more stutter if I use anything but fps to unlimited and vsync / triple buffering on.

Nothing left in NI  but SGSSAA.

New installed windows on a rig used only for flightsim.

Tried different or no overclocking on CPU and GPU and RAM.

XP and DCS and COD and ROF is working perfectly but not P3D.

Hmmm...ok, this may sound silly, but I would keep a stable rig to start with. Enable HT and leave it on.

Then remove NI and any settings from it.

Delete your P3D.cfg file and let P3D rebuild you a new one....start P3D and set your sliders around medium and start from there. Dont forget Weather and terrain textures will cause most of the high load on any system.

I have not needed to touch Affinity Mask at all....the forums in LM state why they have set it up in the way they have and I found it best to leave it alone. Try locking your frame rates and go from there, one step at a time.

Try some of Rob Ainscough's settings as well, but I strongly suggest you clean the slate first.

Thank you very much!

But I´ve done all that over and over again.

In all sort of variations.

Made a lot more than a 100 restarts and "my testrun" exactly the same every time.

And the one thing that I can´t do anything about is the "blurries"!

I took away ORBX Vector and replaced it with UTX europe. Very much recommended!!!

And fun to see that all the stuff I added to "openstreetmap" (roads, lakes, rivers) now turns up in the sim...

But very very blurry roads!

I use very low settings compared to Rob Ainscough's.

And the strangest thing is that the GPU is never working on 100 % (usually 60%) and often the highest load on any core in the CPU is 80%. And FPS is good, but still blurries!

Haze.

Sweden.

I feel your pain...

Ive been having these issues with v2.5 also, particularly with the PMDG 737 and orbx scenery FTX AU. With global its not so bad but still noticeable. 

Ive tried all sorts of variations too.  Sometimes I think its fixed but then it becomes blurry again. So incredibly frustrating and I HATE blurry textures!

Funny thing is I used to have these kind of issues with FSX, while earlier versions of P3d worked really well. I got FSX working after lifetimes of fiddling and frustration but once the NGX came along for P3d I bought it, installed 2.5 and have been trying to get rid of the blurries ever since.

Ive got a fairly good custom built machine less than a year old (4770k oc to 4.3, gtx 780, SSD etc) and run quite conservative settings. Even with a new .cfg file I seem to get them.

I'll keep trying and Im sure somehow i'll eventually find something that works (or just go build a new pc lol)

If i find something that works, i'll post it here and hopefully it works for you...

Yeah very similar situation!

I think I will go back to 2.3.

Or maybe 2.4 (That I never used)

Is the "affinity mask problem" fixed in 2.4 (like in 2.5)?

Or is it like 2.3 (only 3 cores running)?

INTEL, get on with it!

Need a faster CPU!

B)

Haze.

Sweden.

Deleted 2.5 and installed 2.3 instead.

"Freezes" 100% gone and I can use the latest Nvidia driver without getting microstutter.

Autogen is loading OK. Blurry textures is a lot less. Only really a problem with the UTX roads.

Maybe there was something wrong with my 2.5 installation!? But for now I´m leaving it as it is.

Winter is over and I´m sick and tired of messing about with the computer... and the flying vs tweaking ratio in P3D is ridiculous... so I´m of to Norway now in my beloved Spitfire.

Better leave the military jets for DCS or I have to learn how to fly looking backwards... because behind me is where the nice scenery eventually pops up!

Haze.

Sweden.

Did you find any solution or have you 2.3 installed? I have the same problem and I would be more than happy if someone could have an answer B)

The short answer is... no I gave up!

I did work once in 2.3 by changing the affinity-mask i task-manager every time I started P3D.

But I never found out how to get back to how that was set-up.

So:

DCS for Military Jet

COD for WW2 props

XPL for VFR

P3D for Airliners

Haze.

Sweden.

This has been a known issue with P3D for a very long time now. I've also tried every 'tweak' out there with the same result. Even with no addons installed the default scenery loads in at such a slow pace that you can see the textures becoming more 'crisp' the closer you get. It's very jarring and extremely annoying when flying low and slow. Hopefully this is something that can be fixed with a future update. For now i've put P3D on the shelf - it's that annoying of a problem.

Texture loading in 2.5 is a problem.

But for me I have a very sweet spot only using Orbx Global and vector, vector needs a lot of things turning off to work well. OLC had very poor texture loading and needed TTF deleting. 0.01 works fine 0.10 with photo real. If you delete it it defaults to 0.33 like FSX.

With HT on you do need a AF mask but not if turned off.

Have a look at my guide in my sig if its not to late for you?

You really should not have the problems your having, I feel for you. :mellow:  :(  

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Haze, been there, done that. spent a lot of time trying to sort blurries in 2.5, like you was about to give up with 2.5 and orbx.

got rid of all the tweaks in the cfg file by rebuilding new one, reset ni and control panel to default and just stuck to P3D settings.

now running at 30fps( 29-30 in sim) still running orbx and asn, clarity and smoothness is great.(using latest drivers)

I noticed during the blurries sessions my gpu temp was high along with the gpu load now its back to 60-75%.

hope you get it sorted, don't give up.

bob

ps of course my sliders are touch back but the 780i copes well.

Well... I´m not really having a problem... Flew all 4 sims last night. Great fun!

It is a problem for Aerosoft, Orbx and others because I´m not investing anything more at all for P3D until "blurries" and OOM problems are gone! And I think a lot of other are doing the same thing!?

It is a problem for the flightsim world in the long run. There are to many "games" out there working without any problems...

I think... not so many "newcommers" are willing to invest all the time and the money to get P3D running OK.

Haze.

Sweden.

Removing the [JOBSCHEDULER] and FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.1 tweaks did solve the blurries for me (I use Orbx FTX England).