Sign in to follow this  
Urshult Haze

Problem with blurry textures (blurries) in 2.5

Well removing FFTF will because you have gone from giving the sim 0.1 of every second to loading textures to .33 of every second to just loading textures. FFTF is a bad call when using Orbx regions or OLC.

People stick these things in without any thought or know how........but the forums are a wash of Chinese whispers and BS.

AF mask is only needed if you have HT on and them you need to do your home work on what mask to use.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I have suddenly developed a problem with texture loading in the last two weeks and getting blurries on just about every other approach. I  have read several posts on facebook with people running into the same problem in the same time frame. I have tried every tweak imaginable except a complete reinstall of P3D. My thinking is that if I reinstall it, ( which some suggest will do nothing for blurries) eventually what happened this time , will happen again, and that there is something unstable in P3d that is causing this . Problems like this  is why I quit flying FSX years ago because the aggravation level started to exceed the enjoyment level, and I am feeling like this is deja Vu all over again . I guess I have three alternatives. reinstall P3D and hope the problem  doesn't reoccur, if the reinstall even fixes it,  give  X Plane a try ( which I am not crazy about) or forget about flight simming again, and this time for good.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1-2 sec freezes

came across a post on another forum re having a 1-2 sec freezes, it was down to some incompatibility between 'mesh' addons. so if you have additional mesh in the scenery library you could try disabling a lower priority one to see if that causing the problem. worth a try.

bob

I found what was causing my problem after over a week of struggling to find a solution. It was the Aerosoft Airbus aircraft I was flying. I switched to the majestic Q400 and the blurries disappeared completely.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

... It was the Aerosoft Airbus aircraft I was flying. I switched to the majestic Q400 and the blurries disappeared completely.  

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you happily flying the Aerosoft Airbus for a while before the blurries started haunting you?

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Never used any additional mesh for 2.5.

But "blurries" was the big problem.

Flew only airliners on cloudy days for a while...

But then this:

"prepar3d.exe has stopped working. Microsoft can look for... and so on"

Never got past that and gave up totally on P3D then.

Haze.

Sweden.

Hotas Warthog. MFG Crosswind. MSFS. DCS. IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you happily flying the Aerosoft Airbus for a while before the blurries started haunting you?

Yes I had no problem at all until as I stated about 2 weeks ago when it suddenly began. Tried every tweak imaginable and accomplished nothing. Stopped flying the Airbus after I saw another post on Facebook where someone else was having the exact same problem flying with the Airbus. I tried another aircraft and the problem instantly went away. Nothing was changed in P3D either before or since.  I also notice in comparing the performance of the Airbus with the Majestic Q400 that the FPS difference is more than 10 FPS either locked to 30 or unlocked. I fly for a VA every day and the Pireps from Acars contain the average FPS on each flight. Around the time that the blurries started the avg FPS with the Airbus dropped from around 25 FPS to 17 FPS. Switching to the Q400 now has me locked and averaging around 30 FPS. 

I am on P3D v2.5

i7 2600k 4.4Ghz and 8GB RAM. Radeon 7970 Ghz edition with 3GB. 

P3D is on a fresh CFG file and cleared out Shaders. Settings are left at whatever the original out of the box settings are other than I set fps locked to 30, enabled widescreen and turned off FSAA. Set AA to 4x and Supersample in the driver (SGSS kind of for AMD). 

Flying around ORBX PNW I get great fps and smooth as glass. But blurry slow to load textures that never quite keep up with the plane. Pause and wait 10 or 15 seconds and they sharpen right up. But this is tied to how much is going on.

The more dense an area is for autogen the worse it is. Sparsely populated areas no issue or rarely happens. Add some weather with ASN and fly to a payware airport? Definitely see lagging texture loading.

P3D is doing a juggling act and can only keep so many balls in the air at a time. Not sure what I want to turn off to prevent this issue as I am a VFR  low and slow GA guy and I need those ground textures or what's the point?

Charles.

I started another thread about my blurry problem, which I solved weeks ago. Basically I had FSDT GSX and the Add on Manager  for that program has a check box that states that  it saves settings to the scenery file. What it really does, is makes 12 changes to the P3D.cfg file, if you click on it, and one of the changes is adds is  "affinitymask= 14".  This caused blurries that made P3d almost unflyable. I was about to reinstall 2.5, until I discovered this. I noticed that the blurries suddenly started on the same day I updated GSX.   Either edit your CFG if you have that entry and delete it, or just delete the P3D.cfg and let it build a new one. Haven't had a blurry since. 

PS, I see you already tried a new CFG file, but just double check it for an affinity mask entry, and if you see one, try deleting it. 

Amazing, isn't it? one simple setting can change the sim dramatically.

I had the same issue a while back - sudden MASSIVE blurries on my system that has always run P3D perfectly. Tracked it down to same problem, some program I was testing had added the AM=14 entry.  Removed it and back to beautiful againi.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors