Sign in to follow this  
Zombiescu

DHC@ Beaver payware? Also twin otter questions

I know about the aerosoft beaver X and think it is ok, just looks a bit dated. I was wondering if there are any other good dhc2 beaver payware/ freeware versions out there? Also i only want an amphibious version as as i fly in the PNW region and do flights with the a2a c172 but sometimes i fly to an airport that says there is a land port but only water is there :P anyways, if anyone has any recommendations that would be awesome. 

Also would love it because i fly on fseconomy alot now and need a good bush plane that i can land anywhere with a few more passenger seats so i figure use the beaver for a bit then upgrade to the aersoft twin otter, also if anyone knows if the twin otter and the beaver from aerosoft have gps with them? i am no pro so i rely on a gps alot atm. 

Thanks everyone and happy flying!

I think Aerosoft is the only option re: the Beaver, which although a little dated in VC textures, is still a great flying plane, and as you say - perfect for your needs.

The Aerosoft Twotter is even better (and significantly newer). Both Aerosoft products come with Amphib options.

Other Amphib options I can recommend are the RealAir Scout (but it won't carry much in terms of pax or cargo), and the Lionheart Kodiak (which size wise fits nicely between the Beaver and Twotter).

. . . and if you want to go really over the top with an Amphib hauler, there's always the Aerosoft Catalina!

Happy flying.

I think Aerosoft is the only option re: the Beaver, which although a little dated in VC textures, is still a great flying plane, and as you say - perfect for your needs.

The Aerosoft Twotter is even better (and significantly newer). Both Aerosoft products come with Amphib options.

Other Amphib options I can recommend are the RealAir Scout (but it won't carry much in terms of pax or cargo), and the Lionheart Kodiak (which size wise fits nicely between the Beaver and Twotter).

. . . and if you want to go really over the top with an Amphib hauler, there's always the Aerosoft Catalina!

Happy flying.

Ok thanks, yeah probably will just do flying with the aerosoft beaver and a2a c172 then go to the a2a c182 or straight to the aerosoft twin otter, thanks for the reply! now if only a2a made a beaver with accu-sim i would litterally pay $100 or more for that, amphibious version of beaver by a2a = GOLD

Rumor has it that Aerosoft plans on updating the Beaver, supposedly sometime this year.

As for the dated VC, you can always merge the default Beaver VC with the Aerosoft exterior.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Premier Aircraft Design has a nice one. It is old, but if you're just needing a temporary, it is a good option.