Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[13MAR15] Aerosoft DVD and Download customers and FSX-SE Compatibility

Amazon UK is selling  the PDDG 777 from a company called PNA247. Does PNA247 provide installers to Aerosoft for the update program for Aerosoft?

That reseller offers the Aerosoft box. Updates will be provided by Aerosoft.

That reseller offers the Aerosoft box. Updates will be provided by Aerosoft.

Does that mean that Aerosoft 's verification check be accepted from those boxes to update them?

Does that mean that Aerosoft 's verification check be accepted from those boxes to update them?

The exact nature of that verification check will be the interesting part ...

As I mentioned in this thread already, Aerosoft have already identified me as a legitimate owner of the NGX box. PMDG ... not yet.

As I mentioned in this thread already, Aerosoft have already identified me as a legitimate owner of the NGX box. PMDG ... not yet.

Huh? We don't manage Aerosoft's customers and they don't manage ours. Not sure what point is trying to be made here.

Kyle Rodgers

Does Aerosoft manage PNA247's customers?

My point being that Aerosoft's only requirement for registering products to their FAQ/Updates database has been for their customers to provide the legitimate serial key from the respective Aerosoft box.

The NGX/T7 updates seem to require an additional verification (tba), judging by Robert's opening post.

EDIT:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/92919-pmdg-737-sp1d/?p=664221

Edited by olli4740

So Olli, As you can see from that thread, it it said by a moderator that you do not need to registered your product with Aerosoft just yet as they don't know how it will work.

Jack Cannon

So where is the update for aerosoft? It is thursday already. Please stop giving release dates. Never has a release date from pmdg been correct

jordi vd meer

So where is the update for aerosoft? It is thursday already. Please stop giving release dates. Never has a release date from pmdg been correct

PMDG gave an estimate and said that a later release date could be possible.

(Like in "Patience, my litte simmer, patience." :P)

Oh, and, of course, full real names are required when posting in the PMDG forums.

(We all love to read that again and again, don't we? :lol: )

Edited by olli4740

I saw on the Aerosoft forum last week that they were in discussions with PMDG to work out the best way Aerosoft can deliver the NGX/T7 update. So, I am sure they will work it out as soon as possible and deliver a fully working update rather than something now that sort of works for some folks and not really well for others.

Geoff Bryce

On the Aerosoft forums it was also said that PMDG would not provide the download for the box customers, but "the aircraft files", implying that even having received the PMDG files, Aerosoft would still have to build an installer from them and test it. So still some work to do by Aerosoft, even if PMDG had delivered already.

(I can not confirm that PMDG have delivered, just pointing out that it's probably a two-stage process.)

For the last two weeks or so, a Beta for FSX:SE was available with which the SP1D (Steam compatible)777 did not work. This may also be true for the NGX (I couldn't try it as I own the boxed version, not yet ready for Steam).  Steam apparently is planning another Beta, then a new release.

I can't imagine that PMDG would send updates to Aerosoft for either aircraft until PMDG is sure that both aircraft work w/ the yet-to-be-released next non-Beta version.  So I think it will be awhile yet before an update is available from Aerosoft.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

On the Aerosoft forums it was also said that PMDG would not provide the download for the box customers, but "the aircraft files", implying that even having received the PMDG files, Aerosoft would still have to build an installer from them and test it. So still some work to do by Aerosoft, even if PMDG had delivered already.

(I can not confirm that PMDG have delivered, just pointing out that it's probably a two-stage process.)

During the coming week(s) we will be releasing updated executable installers to Aerosoft for the update program for Aerosoft customers.

rsrandazzo clearly says that they will give Aerosoft executable installers, meaning Aerosoft will not need to build any installers.

So either PMDG haven't passed on the installers, or Aerosoft are still trying to work out a good verification process...

rsrandazzo clearly says that they will give Aerosoft executable installers, meaning Aerosoft will not need to build any installers.

So either PMDG haven't passed on the installers, or Aerosoft are still trying to work out a good verification process...

Oops, possibly full installers provided by PMDG (German post only):

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/92830-pmdg-pmdg-737-ngx-expansion-pack-600700-update/?p=664793

But no files had reached AS as per March, 18th.