Sign in to follow this  
Not_Boeing_Not_Going

I need the best guide to optimize P3d v 2.5

I need the best guide to optimize P3d v 2.5 because i have low FPS ( with PMDG 777, 737) EQUALS TO 13 FPS. I have medium setting. Below text shows my P3d settings and PC specs. thank you.

Pc spec: Core i7 920 @ 2.97 Ghz

Nvidia GTX 750 TI 2GB

8 GB RAM MEMORY

P3D SETTINGS:

[GRAPHICS]

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024
NUM_LIGHTS=4
MIPMAP_VC_PANELS=1
TESSELLATION=1
COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1
AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1
LANDING_LIGHTS=1
DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1
LENSFLARE=0
HDR=0
BLOOM_LEVEL=2
SHADOW_QUALITY=2
TERRAIN_SHADOW_CAST_DISTANCE=0
CLOUD_SHADOW_CAST_DISTANCE=0
OBJECT_SHADOW_CAST_DISTANCE=2
CONTENT_NO_SHADOW=0
INTERIOR_SHADOWS_CAST=1
EXTERIOR_SHADOWS_CAST=1
SIMOBJECT_SHADOWS_CAST=0
TERRAIN_SHADOWS_CAST=0
VEGETATION_SHADOWS_CAST=0
BUILDING_SHADOWS_CAST=0
CLOUD_SHADOWS_CAST=0
INTERIOR_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=1
EXTERIOR_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=1
SIMOBJECT_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=0
TERRAIN_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=1
VEGETATION_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=0
BUILDING_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=0
SHADOW_NUM_CASCADES_LOW=4
SHADOW_NUM_CASCADES_MID=5
SHADOW_NUM_CASCADES_HIGH=7
SHADOW_NUM_CASCADES_ULTRA=12
GROUND_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=2048
CLOUD_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=512
SHADOW_LOG_PARTITION_LOW=0.850000
SHADOW_LOG_PARTITION_MID=0.850000
SHADOW_LOG_PARTITION_HIGH=0.850000
SHADOW_LOG_PARTITION_ULTRA=0.850000
EFFECTS_QUALITY=1
EFFECTS_DISTANCE=1
[DISPLAY]
SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=30
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=25
TEXTURE_FILTERING=2
MSAA=2
SSAA=0
FXAA=1
VSYNC=1
TRIPLE_BUFFER=1
WideViewAspect=0
FullScreenExclusive=1
FullScreenAutoFill=1
[PANELS]
PANEL_OPACITY=0
[sCENERY]
IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=2
[TERRAIN]
LOD_RADIUS=4.500000
TESSELLATION_FACTOR=85
MESH_RESOLUTION=21
TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=25
AUTOGEN_VEGETATION_DENSITY=2
AUTOGEN_BUILDING_DENSITY=2
DETAIL_TEXTURE=1
WATER_REFLECT_CLOUDS=1
WATER_REFLECT_USERAIRCRAFT=1
WATER_REFLECT_SIMOBJECTS=0
WATER_REFLECT_TERRAIN=0
WATER_REFLECT_AUTOGEN_VEGETATION=0
WATER_REFLECT_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS=0
WATER_REFRACT_CLOUDS=0
WATER_REFRACT_USERAIRCRAFT=0
WATER_REFRACT_SIMOBJECTS=0
WATER_REFRACT_TERRAIN=0
WATER_REFRACT_AUTOGEN_VEGETATION=0
WATER_REFRACT_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS=0
ENABLE_BATHYMETRY=0
WATER_CLARITY=30
WATER_DETAIL=2
[WEATHER]
CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=8
DETAILED_CLOUDS=1
OPTIMIZE_DENSE_CLOUDS=0
CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8
THERMAL_VISUALS=0
DownloadWindsAloft=0
DisableTurbulence=1
DynamicWeather=0
VolumetricFog=1
[TrafficManager]
AirlineDensity=0
GADensity=0
FreewayDensity=0
ShipsAndFerriesDensity=0
LeisureBoatsDensity=0
IFROnly=0
AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=0
[AContain]
ShowLabels=1
ShowUserLabel=0
ShowLabelManufacturer=1
ShowLabelModel=1
ShowLabelTailNumber=0
ShowLabelDistance=1
ShowLabelAltitude=1
ShowLabelAirline=0
ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0
ShowLabelFlightPlan=0
ShowLabelContainerId=0
ShowLabelAirspeed=0
ShowLabelHeading=0
LabelDelay=1000
LabelColor=FFFF0000

I have great results with these settings. Look at video as well.

forum.avsim.net/topic/463021-pmdg777x-meets-klax/

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I think one of the best tweaks you could do for yourself is get a new processor.   The 777 and 737 are CPU hogs.  Your video card is good but that CPU seems a little under powered for these two beasts to get any kind of results other than what you are seeing.   I don't think there is too much else you can do in the CFG file.

Try using fiber_frame_time_fraction=0.01 which goes under your [MAIN] header in your CFG file.

Also, set a realistic FPS you can achieve in your Frame lock and add 10% too it.  Turn on V-Sync and set triple buffer on.

So if you set your frame rate lock to 20 add 10% to that and set that as your locked frames.   So in the case of 20 you would set 22.    This typically eliminates stuttering problems.   It worked like a charm on my system with my FPS locked at 33 with triple bufferin/V-sync on.  I never stutter, even when my FPS drops below the locked amount.

Ultimately, I think it's time to start saving up for a new shiny i7 and a mobo that can take it.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I think one of the best tweaks you could do for yourself is get a new processor.   The 777 and 737 are CPU hogs.  Your video card is good but that CPU seems a little under powered for these two beasts to get any kind of results other than what you are seeing.   I don't think there is too much else you can do in the CFG file.

Try using fiber_frame_time_fraction=0.01 which goes under your [MAIN] header in your CFG file.

Also, set a realistic FPS you can achieve in your Frame lock and add 10% too it.  Turn on V-Sync and set triple buffer on.

So if you set your frame rate lock to 20 add 10% to that and set that as your locked frames.   So in the case of 20 you would set 22.    This typically eliminates stuttering problems.   It worked like a charm on my system with my FPS locked at 33 with triple bufferin/V-sync on.  I never stutter, even when my FPS drops below the locked amount.

Ultimately, I think it's time to start saving up for a new shiny i7 and a mobo that can take it.

thank you very much sir for your reply and time

Have a look at the link in my sig if you fly PMDG

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I'm no expert, but i think the CPU may have problems with these complex addon in big-busy airports.

To the other side you have good GPU, why not raising texture bandwidth multi (120? 260?) raising tessellation, or lowering SWAP TIMEOUT (along with lower FFTF as suggested before).

With my Phenom II @ (slower than yours but the point is that i like you had CPU much slowr than GPU) i improved the situation (blurries and FPS) raising tessllation to ultra and TBM=200. This i think should shift some load to GPU.

but i have 2.4 don't if it works different!

I'm no expert, but i think the CPU may have problems with these complex addon in big-busy airports.

To the other side you have good GPU, why not raising texture bandwidth multi (120? 260?) raising tessellation, or lowering SWAP TIMEOUT (along with lower FFTF as suggested before).

With my Phenom II @ (slower than yours but the point is that i like you had CPU much slowr than GPU) i improved the situation (blurries and FPS) raising tessllation to ultra and TBM=200. This i think should shift some load to GPU.

I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT..THANK YOU MAN

CAN YOU GIVE ME THE LINK OF THE GUIDE YOU HAVE USED?! THANK YOU AGAIN

Hi!

Your welcome, sorry but i used no guide: i simply adapted fsx ones (search bojote, nickn fsx.cfg etc)there are really many threads around. The difference with p3d is tessellation i think to max bandwidth from cpu to gpu one have to set ultra along with higher tbm. Of course i think that if gpu is slower than cpu you get stutters and other grap. Issues.i will try that when i get i7 4790k.

Sorry i cannot send you links because i m on the phone, but search ****** bojote tweaks and you ll find a lot to read.

Tamer

Writing in CAP's is the forum way of SHOUTING, not good :)

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hi! Your welcome, sorry but i used no guide: i simply adapted fsx ones (search bojote, nickn fsx.cfg etc)there are really many threads around. The difference with p3d is tessellation i think to max bandwidth from cpu to gpu one have to set ultra along with higher tbm. Of course i think that if gpu is slower than cpu you get stutters and other grap. Issues.i will try that when i get i7 4790k. Sorry i cannot send you links because i m on the phone, but search ****** bojote tweaks and you ll find a lot to read.

aha i will search for that , thank you again :)

Tamer

Writing in CAP's is the forum way of SHOUTING, not good :)

Iam very sorry, i used to write with caps lock because i am mechanical engineer and words have to be capital letters on drawings ;)