Sign in to follow this  
Not_Boeing_Not_Going

I need the best guide to optimize P3d v 2.5

Hi! Your welcome, sorry but i used no guide: i simply adapted fsx ones (search bojote, nickn fsx.cfg etc)there are really many threads around. The difference with p3d is tessellation i think to max bandwidth from cpu to gpu one have to set ultra along with higher tbm. Of course i think that if gpu is slower than cpu you get stutters and other grap. Issues.i will try that when i get i7 4790k. Sorry i cannot send you links because i m on the phone, but search ****** bojote tweaks and you ll find a lot to read.

Not good advise here. Do not use Bojote or NickN or any of that old testament FSX guidance for P3D 2.4 or newer. Much of it is redundant, already fixed in P3Dv2.5 and could even cause more problems. Affinity masks and pool sizes and things like that are good examples.

Go to Rob Ainscough's site and look at his settings. Good place to start.

The frame fiber addition is also a good one, try that as well.

The frame fiber addition is also a good one, try that as well.

No effect on my system though (0.01)

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

the only thing that truly if I got results in P3D was placed UIAutomationCore.dll [JobScheduler] AffinityMask = 0 and FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION = 0.005, the latter can also be tested in 0.01, it should be noted that it is only for those with a good processor and others should limit fps otherwise the land will be blurred, as not all teams are equal is just a matter of taste, otherwise it can be erased and nothing happened.

Please try before questioning

Hi! Your welcome, sorry but i used no guide: i simply adapted fsx ones (search bojote, nickn fsx.cfg etc)there are really many threads around.

Don't do this. This is definitely a way to screw up your Prepar3d performance. That stuff is for FSX and Prepar3d is NOT FSX!

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Of cpurse not all tweaks works for p3d, but trying it and having an empirical approach (if "mainstream" tricks doesnt help does not hurt anything: you can simply delete prepar3d.cfg and all will be back to default after you restarted the sim.

I noticed good results for tbm increase, texturemaxload (for blurries but not raising it above 12) swap timeout and even usepolls=0 (bufferpools.

Try also last one, if it screw things up delete cfg or copy and paste the one you posted here. No panic.

Important is remembering you are trying something different than what the guides were intended to, so do not pretend to see exactly what is written there. Otherwise if you have a slow cpu (even with good gpu) using just fftf you get blurries and/or low fps and uninstall the sim. That is at least my (limited as i wrote before) experience.

Bye!

Hi! Your welcome, sorry but i used no guide: i simply adapted fsx ones (search bojote, nickn fsx.cfg etc)there are really many threads around.

Bad advice.  P3D is not just FSX with a cloud shadow.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

[JobScheduler] AffinityMask = 0 and FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION = 0.005

I don't understand what benefit AM of 0 gives? Also, FFTF appears to be a very aggressive number and will give the OP lots of blurry ground textures.

Start with the official P3D tweaks by going to the P3D Learning Centre here (http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv2/LearningCenter/getting_started/performance/tuning_guide.html)

Then, head over to Rob Ainscough's page here http://www.robainscough.com/Prepar3D_Settings_2.html and check out his settings and try them and see how your rig responds to them.

All the legacy FSX tweaking thinking does NOT apply here and in my particular case, I followed the P3D settings and that's it. No cfg file tweaking done at all.

Mike

I don't understand what benefit AM of 0 gives? Also, FFTF appears to be a very aggressive number and will give the OP lots of blurry ground textures.

Start with the official P3D tweaks by going to the P3D Learning Centre here (http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv2/LearningCenter/getting_started/performance/tuning_guide.html)

Then, head over to Rob Ainscough's page here http://www.robainscough.com/Prepar3D_Settings_2.html and check out his settings and try them and see how your rig responds to them.

All the legacy FSX tweaking thinking does NOT apply here and in my particular case, I followed the P3D settings and that's it. No cfg file tweaking done at all.

Mike

so I say try before questioning. We've tried in different pc and the result was a smoother simulator version is 6.0.6001.18000 UIAutomationCore.dll

Just came across this

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/464695-optimize-parts1/

It has done wonders in addition to the P3D: The ultimate settings

Mario Lobo

P3D v:4.5| Win 10 2004 x64 pro | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E | i9-9900KS@ 5.1Ghz(OC) | Thermaltake Water Extreme 3.0 | G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-32GTRS TZ Royal (16x2)32G Kit DDR4 3200Mhz | 11GB RTX 2080 TI Asus STRIX OC| 1x Samsung 970 PRO M.2 512GB | Samsung 970 PRO 1TB | 2x Samsung 860 PRO 2TB| Tt ToughpowerXT 875W | CoolerMaster HAF X Tower