Sign in to follow this  
marcus300zx

Finally Getting my head around the add ons.

Been slowly upgrading my base game and spending lots of time learning aspects of the game and reading lots of stuff on the forums.

So Far I have found a plane I really like in my AVRO RJ85, the more I fly it the more I like it.

I have decided to have a single Base Airport for my flights and currently fly to 46 UK destinations with my made up virtual airline, from and to Bristol.

I have added a few UK2000 Free Airports, but aim to possible go for the paid ones in the future (Bristol First Obviously)

I want to make my flying experience as realistic (visually as possible). The Aircraft I have ticks this box, I have ###ai which gives me "Branded" AI Traffic and GEX Europe which make the ground look nicer.

So next I have to add the final bits of my jigsaw, but working out in which order to buy them is confusing me lol.

So currently shopping list.

Decent Aircraft - AVRO RJ85 Done

Decent Looking Ground Texture - GEX Europe - Done

Traffic - ###ai Done

To DO

REX Soft Clouds - To Make the clouds look nice

UTX Europe - To Make the Roads and Shoreline look more realistic.

UK2000 VFR Airports 1-3

UK2000 Airports Extreme

I think that will be it, mind you that's several 100 £££ worth of shopping list.

Need to work out of they are all compatible and also Steam version Compatible

Traffic - ###ai Done

Be aware that this addon contains stolen copyrighted material and that makes you party to software piracy.

Dont forget to have a look at ORBX. I would buy their Global and vector, its all you need for a quick start

ZORAN

Forget all of that, you're missing a crucial part of the simulation experience, a good weather engine! I'd highly recommend you have a look at Active Sky Next. It's excellent.

Aamir Thacker

I can sense an OOM post coming on. 

I second a motion towards Active Sky Next though. It would be top of my list if I were you.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

I can sense an OOM post coming on. 

I second a motion towards Active Sky Next though. It would be top of my list if I were you.

Luckily I started with a very powerfull PC. I don't think Steam Edition gets the OOM issues

Would I need Soft Clouds with Active Sky Next? Is it Steam Compatible and is it real time(ish) weather?

ASN does not require additional cloud textures, but the REX textures really can be recommended. REX4 includes soft clouds in its latest version. I use REX3 textures with clouds scaled down to 512bit which looks pretty soft already, IMO.

ASN provides realtime weather and is compatible with FSX-SE.

There's a smaller risk of an OOM in FSX-SE. (But OOMs are still possible there, too!)

I don't think Steam Edition gets the OOM issues

Wrong..

In a way I envy you starting out on the flight sim journey. I remember the joys of finding out what was possible over the years. Unfortunately also comes the finding out of what is not possible. Tis true to say though that flight sim has more options now than ever and you are sure to enjoy what you explore.

Expect your friends and loved ones to mock you though. I have lost count of the times I have seen the glazed eyes and confused look on peoples faces when you try to explain this hobby when asked. This gets worse the older you get I have found.

Welcome to the FS club by the way.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

I added UTX Europe last night as my next step.

Currently running with Everything Set To Max apart from Cloud Render Distance set to 100m and Water set to 1 tier High. UTX has everything turned on and also running GEX and getting 30fps.

Airport wise I was not happy with the UK2000 installs as Bristol seems ok but Pretwick looks really bad as its seems to clash with something (Or its installed wrong). It looks nothing like an airport and is also missing its runways.

Not to worried about the clouds or weather at the moment as the stock stuff doesn't really bother me.

Now need to work out whats up with the UK200 stuff before I add VFR Airports

No OOM Issues or CTD yet :)

Be aware that this addon contains stolen copyrighted material and that makes you party to software piracy.

Although you didn't acknowledge Glynn first post to your topic, like Glynn said, the ### AI traffic is essential considered a pirated product. If I were you I would remove that and support the World of AI group that publish non-pirated freeware AI packages if you want to save money on by not purchasing a payware AI program.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

REX4 includes soft clouds in its latest version

You sure about  this last time I checked  its  a separate addon

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

My bad, you're right: There's a bundle of REX4 and Soft Clouds available, but only at a higher price. So the 'base' REX4 does not include SC

looks like  you were right lol didn't  see  that option  in the fss store was only  looking  at the rex  home page on how  you can bundle  the 2  together if  you got rex4  and sc  on your pc by downloading  the update  so you could combine the 2  together my apology    to you sir

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

My message and my understanding was that people do not have to pay extra money for SC. But they have to, no matter whether they buy SC separately or as a part of the bundle, so it's you who is right ... SIR!!!   B) 

Actually the REX advertising is what had fooled me into thinking that SC are a free bonus to REX4.   :rolleyes:

http://www.rexgamestudios.com/