Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

Old panel states and saves.

Kyle, as you know I'm still a newbie to PMDG.  I'm now getting back into flying it after a break.  I have all the AOA videos and saved flights from them as well as PMDG's saved flights.

I think I mentioned in another thread about some minor problems with saved flights and panel states.

First I'd like to ask if you plan on addressing this issue so I can load saved flights?

I don't have a clue how to use the saved panel state and saved plane configuration with the CDU.  I've read the manual and still don't really understand it.

Anyway, when I go to load a panel state it gives me all the ones from PMDG not the AOA ones.

I was hoping that you'd make a change where we can load saved flights without the problems noted in the original thread.

Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

Jack:

Starts on page 64 of the Intro manual.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I read that but still don't really get the hang of it.  So for an example, if I create a cockpit setup, including a FMC route will it save every switch position and FMC route setup?

And what is the aircraft save state, does this make all the dash numbers of all the 737's have the same configuration?

Plus, Kyle never got back to me about the bugged panel save states.

For instance, if I load a save from PMDG or AOA I get various goofy things, like the FUEL light, exterior lights on no matter what switch position, sometimes just the left side taxi lights on, I vent have a screenshot of the plane flying with no spinners in the engines and the N1 blades not moving!

I wonder if this will be fixed so we can have saved flights and not these bugs.  

Since I have all those AOA saved training flights which I'm still very much using as all this is new to me (but I DO enjoy it) I don't have a clue to re-set up up all those flights.

Jack Sawyer

First I'd like to ask if you plan on addressing this issue so I can load saved flights?

Yes. Ryan is creating new panel states for FSX and FSX:SE.

I don't have a clue how to use the saved panel state and saved plane configuration with the CDU.  I've read the manual and still don't really understand it.

It's just like saving a file. Set the plane up how you want it to be when you come back to it. Click MENU > PMDG SETUP > PANEL STATE SAVE. The inverse is also true (same place to load a panel state if you select PANEL STATE LOAD).

As we've seen since the release of the NGX SP1d, panel states created (saved) in earlier versions will not work. Unfortunately, that means you should get rid of the saved files you have.

Kyle Rodgers

Unfortunately, that means you should get rid of the saved files you have.

Argh!  Kyle, I have a LOT of AOA saved flights I haven't even USED yet, I haven't even gotten that far in the training.  What a HUGE disappointment.  Is it difficult to fix this?  Why did it end up this way?  I know nothing about what you guys do as far as programming goes.  It it's even remotely possible can there be a fix where we can load saved flights?

When you say Ryan is creating new panel states I assume PMDG panel states, and not AOA of course.

Jack Sawyer

Argh!  Kyle, I have a LOT of AOA saved flights I haven't even USED yet, I haven't even gotten that far in the training.  What a HUGE disappointment.  Is it difficult to fix this?  Why did it end up this way?  I know nothing about what you guys do as far as programming goes.  It it's even remotely possible can there be a fix where we can load saved flights?

Honestly, if you're going through their training, you'll be learning a lot more than enough to be able to overcome not having preconfigured panel states. I understand that it might seem like a big deal ahead of time, but in the end, my feeling is that it won't be a major inconvenience.

As far as the fix goes (and yes, this fix is for us alone), it's a pretty simple fix on our end, but it's not quite something we can make reverse compatible for the old states, unfortunately.

Kyle Rodgers

Are the PMDG training flight still ok ?

Best Regards,

Are the PMDG training flight still ok ?

Not for me.  See my examples above.

Fuel light on.

Exterior lights that will not shut off.

Engines without spinners or moving blades.

Jack Sawyer

Honestly, if you're going through their training, you'll be learning a lot more than enough to be able to overcome not having preconfigured panel states. I understand that it might seem like a big deal ahead of time, but in the end, my feeling is that it won't be a major inconvenience.

As far as the fix goes (and yes, this fix is for us alone), it's a pretty simple fix on our end, but it's not quite something we can make reverse compatible for the old states, unfortunately.

Kyle, a bit unrelated, but is there any update on the release of the SP1d fix for CD users?

Not for me.  See my examples above.

Fuel light on.

Exterior lights that will not shut off.

Engines without spinners or moving blades.

I read you mentioned saved flights ... for some reason (my fault) I did not think you were talking about PMDG Training flights with ver 1D.

So, they all need re-doing ... so, I will go delete them .. I have not tried any since going to ver 1D.

Best Regards,

Kyle, a bit unrelated, but is there any update on the release of the SP1d fix for CD users?

Very unrelated. Very already answered: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/464558-13mar15-aerosoft-dvd-and-download-customers-and-fsx-se-compatibility/

I read you mentioned saved flights ... for some reason (my fault) I did not think you were talking about PMDG Training flights with ver 1D.

So, they all need re-doing ... so, I will go delete them .. I have not tried any since going to ver 1D.

They're actually okay in P3D, since I noticed the issue in there and didn't see it in FSX (so I'd assumed they were okay). The saving the flights in FSX/P3D actually saves the panel state as well to ensure everything is in sync when you re-load it.

Kyle Rodgers

"They're actually okay in P3D"

I have not purchased 737ng for P3D yet ...

So, the PMDG training flights are ok to use as is in Ver 1D (FSX)?

I have already saved my own flights in ver 1D FSX (FSX save) and no problem reloading them.

Best Regards,

Thanks, Kyle. I've been off the forums for a while

Different subforum, too. Sorry - it's just one of those reactions from answering the same question so many times in a day  :blink:

Kyle Rodgers