Sign in to follow this  
Marius_S

eFlightManuals

HelloI've been looking for some good real world flight manuals to a reasonable price. After some searching, I found a page called eFlightManuals. They had a large number of manuals, both for military and commercial aircrafts, to a very low price, only $17.95 for a cd copy.But I want to know if there is anybody here who have bought some this manuals and can tell me how these manuals are.I'm thinking of buying the 737NG manual, so if anybody had this manual and could tell me something about, that would be nice.Thanks in advance! Marius S

Marius S

Guest Tim757

Hi Marius-Just put and order in last week (5-25) with them for a CD--I'll drop back here when it comes in and tell you my opinon on the manual and doing business with them.Best I can do at the momentTim757 OL

Hi Marius,Do yourself a favor and check this site out:http://www.flight-manuals-on-cd.com/They don't have the flash of eFlightManuals but their customer service and quality of product are much better. They don't have any copywrite on the manuals so you don't have to register on every machine you use them on. Also you can print the manuals properly. eFlightManuals has severly limited the avaiable printing options on Acrobat so as to preclude double sided printing which is a pain for those wanting this option.BTW, eFlightManuals customer service is horrible in my opinion and yes I have made the mistake of ordering manuals from them.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Guest Tim757

Well, this will make my purchase interesting.....I'll keep ya postedTim757

Guest estevesm

I have some original Learjet 45 manuals (flight ops, training), printed version, if you want.RgdsMarcelo

Guest Tim757

Well, had to try out their customer service-the ecommerce system they used failed to register that I had used a Visa Card, so when I checked my on-line account info a few days later it showed that they were "awaiting paynment"-and my on-line banking showed they had already been paid (love that on-line-banking!).So I emailed them with the order number and made them aware that they had misfiled me. About :15 minutes later I got a response and an apology and they shipped it out 6/3/04. Very nice and professional about it, no fuss, no mussI have not recieved it yet so I can't comment on the "quality" of the emanual, so stay tuned....Tim757

I sent them an e-mail Thursday asking about some postal charges since I live in Norway, but I haven't heard anything from them yet...

Marius S

Guest Tim757

Hi M-My emanual for the 757 arrived yesterday...I was a little disappointed in its contents and layout. It was abot 1200+ pages long though but a tad redundant.There were several manuals bundled into one pdf. There was a Boeing manufacturer's flight ops/training manual used generally for transition "How to fly" manual on the 757.In my opinon the nwa cockpit refernce was kinda screwed up. It is laid-out in "lanscape" instead of "portrait". On each page is a mirror image so you have two of the same pages presented on each page. I assume this is for printing in "Jeppsen" size but with the way Adobe can't print double sided easily, what's the point? And who wants to cut several hundred pages up???The Northwest part is what we call the Volume 1 AOM (Aircraft Operating Manual) which is a tad more detail on operating the 757 SMAC. emergencies, weather ops and abnormals with a little on performance.The 4th section was the Honeywell Pegusas manual on the use of the FMC.There was next to nothing on systems and system operations.Again, remember I am looking at just one manual and airlines do have varied formats so other emanuals may have extended technical information.So, since I already have a ton of manuals that omission is not that disappointing. But if I was looking for something deeper than an operating manual I would have been disappointed.Is it a good value? Yes, you do get $20 bucks worth of manual but not much more.Other emanuals may contain more information and be better laid out-as time allows I may modify my impression....but this is what I have found at first glanceTim757

Thanks for the reply Tim!I think I've to wait before I order a manual from them. I want to be absolutely sure about what I get. I've tried to send them some mail, but they haven't responded to them yet.

Marius S