Sign in to follow this  
jpc55

First Clandestine Flight in the New World

I hunted up my first clandestine mission in the new world, it was from Eagle's Nest (CA20) to Healdsburg Mun.
(O31). It went flawlessly,I was never spotted by LE plane. It was nice making the run over familiar territory.
Here are some SS from the run. :ph34r:

Crossing over I 5, Sacramento in the background, and the Sacramento river just in front of me.
tBQ1Psf.jpg

Below me is the the VOR about 5mi. south of Sacramento Excutive (KSAC).
RkaXa9W.jpg

Crossing interstate highway 80 at Davis, and in the orange circle are the vasi lights for the Nut Tree (KVCB)
5AFMJXo.jpg

Lake Berryessa
4gGUji4.jpg

A couple of scenery shots
KFhGdh2.jpg

C0JZRCs.jpg

IFjNwkv.jpg

On final, and completed.
tvtC58c.jpg

aLC8uSG.jpg

Until next time, a good day to all! :BigGrin:

I was wondering if we were going to get those. 

I've checked at least a hundred job boards and have never seen one.

Good to hear!

How do you go about finding clandestine missions? I sort of remember finding one in Alaska but can't remember where that was. Just curious. One of the paint schemes on the Rans RV won't unlock until you have flown a clandestine mission and I can't remember how you find any. Thanks.

If you check the more remote airports, you'll find a clandestine mission sooner or later, at least that was the case in Alaska, not sure about the world. A good bet in Alaska is trying the airports down to Unalaska, or further out West Atka/Adak.

I have flown many back and forth between Atka and Adak with the C-46.

Steve

I have flown 9 clandestine jobs in my location N. CA. so far. You just bring up the map and start selecting airports and look at the JOB BOARD if it has none you look at another airport. You just have to keeping looking, its kind of tedious, but that how I find them. :wacko::lol:

Hey Steve, long time no hear. what's happening? :P :ph34r:

Well this is a sad situation. I found a clandestine mission at Hana airport and tried to fly it. Toward the end of the flight I was intercepted by law enforcement and forced down and arrested. How do you avoid interception? I never exceeded 1000' during the flight and tried several deviations to keep low. The still got me. Is it better to fly at night or in bad weather?

It's more fun flying low (by the rules) and finding creative ways to avoid the FBI plane.  However, if you keep it high, around 15K they never see you.  Some pilots, early on, racked up some huge XP with this trick.