Sign in to follow this  
BumpThrust

Unstoppable right turn followed by FSX crash

This occured to me twice already, using ASN and SP1C / SP1D, FSX ACC Pack, online on IVAO.

Everything is normal, suddenly the aircraft starts to bank right about 7 degress and maintains that attitude. Moving the Yoke/disconnecting the autopilot has no effect. The aircraft flies circles and there is nothing I can do to stop it. After a while, FSX has a fatal error and needs to be closed.

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: fsx.exe, Version: 10.0.61637.0, Zeitstempel: 0x46fadb14
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: fe.dll, Version: 10.0.61637.0, Zeitstempel: 0x46fadb57
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x000acae0
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0xeec
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d05dc8cee3251b
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Anwendungen und Programme\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Anwendungen und Programme\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fe.dll
Berichtskennung: 15067214-c9c3-11e4-b5ae-902b3437ac6b

This only occured with the NGX so far.

SP1C / SP1D

What does this mean? You can only have one installed.

After a while, FSX has a fatal error and needs to be closed.

An error with the FE.dll (as shown in your crash report), is usually associated with an AI aircraft, or add-on scenery. Regarding the add-on scenery, it could be caused by high texture use (either by the scenery itself, or another program like REX altering textures).

There are a bunch of potential issues that the FE.dll issue might be caused by. A quick run through Google will give you a host of options.

Kyle Rodgers

What does this mean? You can only have one installed.

That means it occured back in the days when flying with 1C, but also today with 1D.

I suspect that FE.dll might be a problem with an IVAO-MTL aircraft, strange is though that this "turning" only occured with the NGX. I`m also not sure whether those 2 things (turning and FE.dll fault) are related.

That means it occured back in the days when flying with 1C, but also today with 1D.

I suspect that FE.dll might be a problem with an IVAO-MTL aircraft, strange is though that this "turning" only occured with the NGX. I`m also not sure whether those 2 things (turning and FE.dll fault) are related.

This happened to me once or twice when I was testing the 777. I was flying over some heavy hitters, scenery-wise, so my bet is that some of these crashes are somewhat related to heavy VAS use as well. The NGX is probably only one of the higher users of VAS, especially if it's happening in a high traffic area, or one with high res textured scenery.

Kyle Rodgers

I suspect that FE.dll might be a problem with an IVAO-MTL aircraft,

That's what the AVSIM CTD Guide indicates.  A bad texture with an AI aircraft.  It could also be a repaint too but believe all of the repaints done for the 777 have been tested by many with no problems.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I repeated the same flight with the same route, weather, sceneries etc.

Only the IVAO traffic situation had changed (there is not so much traffic in the US), so something AI texture file related is highly probable.

The question is: how to identify the faulty texture?