Sign in to follow this  
pinlifter

A FedEx 777F and a "Whopper" of a Landing

FDX1017(KHSV-KORD) was hoping for an uneventful flight today.  South of Indianapolis we were told by ATC there was a big fuel spill on the cargo ramp at O'Hare and we would have to divert.  Luckily I had seasoned veteran First Officer Stephen J. Drabek with me (I don't think he's related to our very own AVSIM master repainter Steve Drabek) as we were instructed to land at Midway with our 142,000lb payload.  So we adjusted the STAR to land on runway 31C which is just over 6500 feet in length inside the "walled fortress"

I must say we had a whopper of a landing as evidenced in the second to last snap :lol:  :lol:

fdx1017_zpsvoocnzym.jpg

fdx1017-1_zpsbpwe2vot.jpg

fdx1017-2_zpst2atxtk1.jpg

fdx1017-3_zpswt0m4qc5.jpg

fdx1017-4_zpskclvcjey.jpg

fdx1017-5_zpsepmaxwqv.jpg

fdx1017-6_zpst7b40vwc.jpg

fdx1017-7_zpsh9xbyrwf.jpg

fdx1017-8_zpsw3rb8k64.jpg

Chris Sunseri

Really like shot #2. Your ground textures look fantastic, what is your LOD set to ?

Thanks Mark!  My LOD is set to 4.5 which is default I believe.  I do use a Texture Max Load of 2048 and KHSV is one of the freeware ORBX airports, so that may have something to do with it (I'm not an expert :lol: )

Why are all your screenshots amazing

Thanks Philip!  I try to work in creative angles, some foreground/background scenery etc to help the shot be less boring.  I do tend to go V key crazy at times B)

Chris Sunseri

Really lovely shots there.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Amazing shots Chris!

Hehe....did you stop for a burger at the BK after you landed?

We'll see this livery on the 744F too. :wink:  (its one of my favorite paints...judging by my new P3D sig, hehe)

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Triple Whopper with bacon shots!

HLJAMES

:lol: :lol: :lol: Mmmmmmmmmm bacon

Hehe....did you stop for a burger at the BK after you landed?

The FO said he went to BK....you know how those Drabeks are :P  Me?  I had Chicago style stuffed pizza at nearby Giordanos.  I'll have the leftovers onboard whenever we get called to leave B)

Chris Sunseri

The FO said he went to BK....you know how those Drabeks are   Me?  I had Chicago style stuffed pizza at nearby Giordanos.  I'll have the leftovers onboard whenever we get called to leave

Ahh pizza sounds really good!

You're FO is actually queuing up a FedEx flight now....hope to have some pics posted soon.

He's also got the Beta paint ready for...well...Beta. hehe.  Just having an issue with the PMDG packager at the moment...when its resolved expect to see it in your inbox. :wink:  

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Great pics once again - Love the "Burger King" shot...makes me feel hungry lol.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.