Sign in to follow this  
Skay8

Error message after reinstall

Guys, i am completely lost.

Yesterday i bought the DX10 Fixer and everything worked fine. Well there was one issue that bothered me.
The water looked not real at all. So i somehow messed up my entery FSX.

I uninstalled everything, really everything and began to reinstall FSX and all the addons.

After the DX10 Fixer Installation, the DX10 Controller v2.7 opens up and i want to Install the libraries.

But i get an error warning

Error copying T:\Tools\DX10 Scenery Fixer\bkg.bmp Error was 3

i click on "ok" and then another error which says

You do not have an envmap.bmp file in your <FSX Dir>\Texture directory - You must restore the original bitmap version of this file

How do i do that? I really need your help!

Wow, ok. I thought i installed the FSX in the exact same folder like the previous one.
Actually: i didn't. So i chose my FSX Dir and everything is fine now.

Well... it was late and i was very tired ^^'

The origin from my mistake yesterday: the water looked kind of purple.

So i began to read through older threads and downloaded some kind of water shader version 3.2.2.
Then i accidentally deleted some shaders and the "water" section within die DX10 Fixer was not availabe anymore.

Then i began to panic and tried to restore everything but could not. So i started to uninstall my whole FSX to do a new, fresh and well organized setup.

I really love the DX10 Fixer! The shadows in the virtual cockpit look amazing and i am really wondering why it took me so long to purchase this wonderful programm.

Just one little thing: the runway lights aren't really that bright as they should be. Everything is on 100 % in the "light" section... so what am i missing here?

Ok, i have another problem.
(i am really sorry for causing all this trouble!)

I went on a little trip from munich to menorca at around 1 p.m. when i was on short final on menorca i noticed no PAPI lights whatsoever.
So i landed the airplane and switched from 2:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. just to realize that there aren't PAPI lights even at night.

I tried at munich and also i noticed that the blue taxilights disappear sometimes.

Here are two images from LEMH Menorca (Aerosoft- Balearic Islands X). The first one with my Aerosoft Airbus 320 and no working lights after i installed the http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=DX10+shader&CatID=root&Cookie=1 DX10 Shader Fixers V3.2.2.

zjbb1sl957ez.jpg

The second picture also from LEMH Menorca at the exact same spot and the same angle with the default Airbus.

mq29pqxhc3x7.jpg

How can i solve this issue? The DX10 Fixer has been so great and i enjoyed flying so much more than with DX9... i really have to fix this problem otherwise i will have to change to Prepar3D.

Yes, Yes, yes! It worked!

Well, i only tested with LEMH so far. Just great!

Thank you very much Steve!