Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

Eaglesoft Citation X or Cessna Mustang 1

Does anyone know if one of theses 2 plane is working on Win 8.1 and P3D ? I know it's not supported by the developer but I am curious to know if anyone was able to make it work.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Mustang was my favourite plane....   was -  because it doesn't work with Steam or P3Dv2 and I have moved to Steam..

I have posted a few times in their Forum asking for 'Flight 1' to update it to make it compatible but they don't seem interested.  This is the only 3rd party developer that I know who is not supporting their product in FSX-SE.

Maybe with consumer pressure that could be changed....

I've heard that if you can obtain a verion of the Mustang upto 1.05 that will work but you can't update the Airac file for the navigation...

Overall it was the best small Bizjet in FSX if you had a good PC setup (a bit heavy on the frames for some because of the large Garmin G1000 screens)

Don't understand why they are cutting their sales by not supporting it... 

When I bought the Eaglesoft Citation X  I was immediately disappointed by the graphic quality...   I believe it was a kinda port over from FS9.  Also, once I'd done a few flights I found that the FMC was buggy and was crashing the sim a lot...   I've still got it but never fly it and never tried it in Steam or P3D.

I have just bought the Carenado C550 Navigraph update but find the FMS is half baked and painful to use...  therefore I installed the ISG Panels pack along with JanekBin's MODS and I have a really good plane with good nav functionality and Navigraph updates..  I have flown it a few times now on Vatsim and it was a treat....

This is my Bizjet of choice for the moment.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/460037-s550-with-isg-fms/

aerostar

EDIT:-

P.S.  I seem to have missed the point..  lol   I have Win 7...

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

by your reply I do get the sense that there's isn't much in the bizjet segment that is worth playing right now.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

I operate with Win 8.1.   My favorite jet to fly is the Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0.  I had some issues with win 8.1 blocking the citation from working properly initially, but once you turn off enough of Win 8.1 features, it is awsome to fly.  its neat flying on Vatsim and passing the airliners enroute.

the turboprop i fly for more local flights is Areosoft's Twin Otter Extended edition, which also works smoothly with Win 8.1.

In reply to fogbound turtle's post -

..correct -  I can't find a good quality Bizjet anywhere with working FMC ...

The C550 is good now though with the ISG mods and it is the best option at the moment, I think...

I was desperately hoping the Carenado Hawker X850 was going to function well....  but after the C550 release and the way their FMC works I've kinda lost hope..

I think it's good that Carenado have started to work on the Nav systems and maybe after a few updates they might get better...

I like to fly in Vatsim to try and have a bit of realism that's why I'm looking for working FMC's...

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

I am, and always will be partial to the ES 750. You will not go wrong. It is so close to real deal. Give it a go. Read the manuals and follow the set up for the fadec. Once you get the FMC down you will love it. Have fun. Cpt. Out.

I am, and always will be partial to the ES 750. You will not go wrong. It is so close to real deal. Give it a go. Read the manuals and follow the set up for the fadec. Once you get the FMC down you will love it. Have fun. Cpt. Out.

I too have the ES 750 V1 & V2) The autopilot (for me) was & is hard for me. It also is NOT compatable with the GTN 750. Other than that it's a nice ride.

Eaglesoft Citation X runs horribly under Windows 8.1. You have disable a few things to get it working at all...and even after that it stutters a lot when it loads guages...etc. I'd pass on it if sticking with Windows 8.1 based on my experience.

Those who run W8.1 will not receive empathy from us as we consider that OS one that folks should pass on. W10 sounds promising but the jury will be out for a bit on that one. B)

The CX750 is not a GPS airplane. It a is an FMS aircraft.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I have posted a few times in their Forum asking for 'Flight 1' to update it to make it compatible but they don't seem interested.

Very disapointed with the Mustang devs. One of the threads which is now locked but readable, they bluntly said they have better things to do than work for free updating steam. I couldn't believe it !! I wont have anything to do with that mob again

ZORAN

Really.. a "mob". A sometimes disturbing aspect by some in the FS community is petulance.

It runs something like if Dev A doesn't do what I want them to do I'll call them names and go home.

Please guys, let's mature up a little.. :Nerd:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Your shooting from the hip, you didnt even read the posts..

Its not what they said but how they said it. Treat customers with contempt=mob, in any type of retail sales and after service.  I rest my case!

ZORAN

Succinct, but hardly a case made for name calling. C'mon you can do better than that.. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png