Sign in to follow this  
Mithras

Missing Coastlines

Flying around the Greek islands, and more recently Indonesia, I've noticed strange coastlines ... he beaches are there and the surf washes onto them, but there is missing land. THe images below are of the Krakatoa island chain, you can see some missing land. The central, circular island, is missing altogether! This kind of missing land is common for me right through Indonesia. 

Anyone else??????

2015-3-14_9-43-8-182_zpshu8uo74y.png

2015-3-14_9-43-14-777_zpscdujvfkl.png

You need to mention what vector program your using that displays your coastlines, such as UTX, ORBX Vector, or just default with no vector program installed. As well as any other addons installed for that area that might be causing that to be able to give a better diagnosis.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'm using FTX Global. The only vector software I use is UTX, but that doesn't cover SE Asia. I do have UTX Europe, though, so I might look into that regarding the Greek Islands. INdonesia is still a mystery though. 

I have no other add ons for that region, other than an airport or two. 

My guess is that an exclusion bgl file went astray so default coastline vectors are still showing.

scott s.

An exclusion bgl? Would that be an FTX file? Or a default file? I copied all my default files when I installed, so ai might be able to paste them back in.....

Thanks.