Sign in to follow this  
FSProUK

Ezdok Camera Update 1.18 Tutorial for FSX, FSX Steam and Prepar3d

Recently, after years of inactivity, Ezdok announced an update. Should you install it? Why might you want to install it? I created a video to address these questions. There's special value for users of FSX Steam Edition and Prepar3d.

just to be more clear for other users looking at this post...you should know that it's really more of a tutorial for INSTALLING the upgrade and not so much about USING the software itself.

just to be more clear for other users looking at this post...you should know that it's really more of a tutorial for INSTALLING the upgrade and not so much about USING the software itself.

Thanks for catching that! I missed that the video still contained the word 'tutorial' when I published it. It wasn't meant to be there so I've edited it out. Apologies for any confusion.

I just did this upgrade...I had EZDok installed for a long time and was frustrated with it, so I had recently uninstalled and tried the Saitek SW for the X52 (didn't like it). When I saw there was a BETA version of EZDok that included Prepar3d, I jumped on it. FYI, it turned out I needed to go install the old version of EZDok...that comes in a Flight1.com wrapper...the code had expired...I needed to go to FLight1 and request they reactivate my code which happened instantly. From there I was able to follow instructions found here

It all went well...just a lot of precise steps to follow including scanning for key conflicts in each sim, checking the version of SimConnect (no longer needed I understand now).

I am happy to have EZDok back...it looks promising and works great in Prepar3d V2.5, however in FSX (box/acceleration) I acn not fihgure out how to get the hat switch on my X52 to allow me to pan around like I can on Prepar3d and how I used to in FSX...very frustrating.

HP Omen Intel Core i9 @ 3.6GHz
64GB RAM @ 1596MHz, NVidia GeForce RTX 3090
Windows 10 64bit, 2 x 2TB SSD, 2TB 7200RPM SATA Drive