Sign in to follow this  
twincessna340a

NAV 1 & 2 Missing Digit

The -600 is ok here .. I will have a look at the -800W

All ok here FSX Accel PMDG 737ngx ver 1D

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I recently had to do a complete install of my entire computer due to a WIN 10 upgrade problem.  I'm back using Win 8.1 and reinstalled everything including PMDG 737NGX for FSX.  The aircraft is now completely up to date according to the PMDG Operations Center.  My problem is as stated above.  I am missing the last digits on both NAV radios in both Active and Standby windows.  The radios work, one just needs to pay attention to when the decimal place changes to figure out if in (for example) 109.9 or 109.95.

I did not have this issue before the reinstall.  All else is normal and working great (including xpdr switching via radio switch with VATSIM which did not work prior, and wx Radar, which never worked in prior installation).

I see that there has been no help in the prior post and hope that will change this time.

I am missing the last digits on both NAV radios in both Active and Standby windows. The radios work, one just needs to pay attention to when the decimal place changes to figure out if in (for example) 109.9 or 109.95.

So, the NAV radios only display one decimal place? For example, 109.9?  What about the comms... are you seeing two decimal places (121.12)?  If not then I suspect the fonts used by PMDG are missing. If the problem is only one place but not the other then it's really interesting and you might want to submit a trouble ticket.

Dan Downs KCRP

No only the Nav Radios.  All others are fine.  I have submitted a ticket, as I see that nothing has come of the first post but "it works for me."  Not much help.

I heard back from PMDG today and this is what they recommended...

1. Uninstall the 600/700 (if you own it), then the 800/900 from Control Panel\Programs & Features.

2. Manually delete the NGX folders in FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes.

3. Manually delete the <FSX or FSX:SE root folder>\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX folder.

4. Manually delete the NGX folders in C:\Users\(Your Windows Username)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX (or FSX-SE)\SimObjects

- You may need to enable the Windows folder option "Show hidden files and folders" to see this location.

5. If your installer is pre-SP1d (released March 2015), download a new copy of the installer from your account at the PMDG store, it will contain the SP1d version.

Not much help.

This is the community support forum. It's literally a group of people who are passionate about PMDG products who volunteer their time to help other people out. If you don't find it to be helpful, then it's usually best to just pick up and go (without negative comment) to our official support site. I appreciate that not getting a solid answer to an issue is frustrating, but when people are literally volunteering their time, it's best not to look a gift horse in the mouth. Sometimes you run into a rare issue and there isn't much that people can note other than the issue is not something they're seeing. This, in and of itself, is actually helpful because it's an indicator that it's more of a configuration issue and not as likely a bug.

So, if you'd like to avoid the apparently unhelpful posts here, go directly to the support site and we'll have you officially on the track to being fixed up. Otherwise, try to work on casting aspersions on the help, please. They're only trying to help in the best way they know how.

Kyle Rodgers