Sign in to follow this  
CrazyNorman

FlyInside FSX -- Oculus Rift DK2 Support for MS FSX

He says it's unbelievable, probably as he's beta testing it and got one for free! The price is something else and is not within reach of everyone. As for flight simulator, are you supposed to fumble for your hardware throttles?

Lastly, he complains about fps but if you can't run LFS then he must have a crap computer as anyone can run that game.

I'm still not convinced that flight sim as we know it would be worth the cost of converting.

This LFS video was created shortly after LFS integrated Rift support.

In the meantime it got one of the most polished VR Experiences where you instantly get presence.

Racing Simulators are perfect because if you drive with wheel and pedals you are already sitting there similiar to that what you see when you look around.

Assetto Corsa is even better because of the extreme Details inside lets say a Ferrari.

With Flightsimming it is not so easy and there are some challenges regarding input.

Leap Motion or some other kind of Tracking will help.

Oculus has sold around 100k Devkits. The improved Customer Version will be released next year.

If you think this LFS video is from someone with biased thoughts impression do another youtube search regarding oculus and simulators and rethink this again.

And i know this guy sometimes gets really overreacting ;)

I really hope you get the chance to try a Devkit somewhere, it is no vaporware.

Edit: DCS implemented native HMD support some time ago, also worth to check out impressions.

The real problem with this discussion is if you didn't saw it inside the rift you cannot really imagine what this VR thingy is all about.

I am little skeptic about using Occulus Rift with FSX.

I've read, that only solid 60 fps and higher wouldn't break your immersion. And any stuttering will make you very dizzy after an hour or so.

BTW: Lockheed Martin announced it's support for Occulus, and there is already an official plugin for this to Prepar3D (But you need to compile it on your own).

I am sure, that once the consumer version comes out, Prepar3D will include this in one of its versions.

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1