Sign in to follow this  
Chri

OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1

Hello,

today while inspecting my Prepar3D.cfg I came across the setting OPTIMIZE_PARTS under the [sIM] section. The default setting is OPTIMIZE_PARTS=0 and out of interest I canged this to OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1 to see what happens.
To my surprise it really does optimize something in the sim. I have about 10 FPS more in the PMDG NGX afterwards. I did some testflights with this and couldn't see any other visual differences, but I haven't found any explanations on this option in the net. Does anyone know what it actually does?

OPTIMIZE_PARTS=0
http://fs2.directupload.net/images/150314/yck5696m.jpg

OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1
http://fs2.directupload.net/images/150314/g3xnlgrg.jpg

Best regards

Christian

hello, what type of cpu do you use?! nice FPS !

Intel Core i7 4790K

GTX 980

Man it's unbelievable! Just changed the value from 0 to 1. I was suffering around 20 fps in PMDG's aircrafts and I couldn't find a tweak makes a major difference until now. My frames up to 30 (locked) and still I can not believe it. I was struggling with this for a long time. Thank you so much!

I have an i7 3930k ant GTX 980 and just scrape past 30 FPS as long as I don't turn on AI traffic.  I turn that on I drop into the mid-20's.  I want 44.3 FPS tooooooo!  T_T    I assume this is a default airport and not a payware airport which is much more taxing on the frames.

I'm gonna see if this has any impact on my game performance too and confirm.

EDIT:  Tested.    Added 1-6 FPS at payware KAUS-Austin.  My frames are locked.   A little smoother performance with 40 AI aircraft around me.   I don't know what this does but it works.  I don't see any loss of quality in my cockpit or on the exterior plane model.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Same here too. At least another 10fps for the PMDG 777. It would be good to know exactly how this quantum leap occurs. But for me with my modest system, this is life-changing in terms of what P3D can do for me now.

Paul Hermon

The screenshots were taken at default ESGG. I don't have many P3D compatible airports so far. On Aerosoft EDDL I get around 43 FPS with OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1 and 36 with OPTIMIZE_PARTS=0

Much thanks for that tip, first time I come across it. Will need to try it on different systems at the office!

sig01.png

The screenshots were taken at default ESGG. I don't have many P3D compatible airports so far. On Aerosoft EDDL I get around 43 FPS with OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1 and 36 with OPTIMIZE_PARTS=0

You are making me want to upgrade my processor.  XD    The only time I get that much FPS is when I clear about 10000 feet and AI is off.    Would you mind sharing your P3D settings and did you do any other weird tweaks apart from the usual?

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

You are making me want to upgrade my processor. XD The only time I get that much FPS is when I clear about 10000 feet and AI is off. Would you mind sharing your P3D settings and did you do any other weird tweaks apart from the usual?

No, nothing unusual, just moderate settings. I have the bufferpools 0 tweak and my autogen is set to normal. LOD 4.5. Textures at 1024. The system is not overclocked. Btw, AI is off. I still need to get Ultimate Traffic to work.

Bufferpools 0.  Hmmmm... I don't have that in my CFG and I run 2048 textures as most payware airports are done in this resolution.   I shall see what happens.

100454.png

Brian Navy

Nice find. I can also confirm that I can see a slight improvement in fps on my system. Around 5-6 fps I would say.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

This sounds interesting - have to try it out - thanks - downloading .43 full version of P3D and will only have to use .44 patch on a fresh install

Rich Sennett

I to am getting 10 more frames at lax with 30% ut2 in  a pmdg 777. Went from 35 to 45 fps with that setting.

Maybe Rob can ex-plane this.

Regards Ted Kiser

Confirmed before I install fresh install of P3D I had to try this - was 30 fps in vc now 40 in T777 - tweak of the year award - not sure what its doing but its doing it like I just bought a new cpu - well done Christian 

Rich Sennett