Sign in to follow this  
Chri

OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1

HAHA thats working for real with PMDG product!! usualy i get 19-20 fps in FLY TAMPA MONTREAL with the PMDG 777 now i get between 26 and 30 fps . im impressed!! something must go wrong somewhere else if we get those extra fps lol

Just read this at LM forums

Don’t quote me on this as its just a guess but LM introduced their own affinity masking technology and its probably that which is being applied.

Rich Sennett

Check the cfg file in your current version to see if its listed in the file if not then there's your answer

Rich Sennett

No, nothing unusual, just moderate settings. I have the bufferpools 0 tweak and my autogen is set to normal. LOD 4.5. Textures at 1024. The system is not overclocked. Btw, AI is off. I still need to get Ultimate Traffic to work.

The bufferpools gave me another 4-5 FPS.  :)    I can now go on with my life.   No stutters, no blurries and almost a full 10 FPS more.   Today was a good day in simming history.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Check the cfg file in your current version to see if its listed in the file if not then there's your answer

Not if I'm running 2.5 so the question still stands.

Wow,

UK2000 ENGX Airport RWY 28

PMDG NG 738 WL

Without=42

With     =54

12fps, what a find, great job.

Just tried

[bufferPools]
PoolSize=0

same as last time I tested it 0 fps increase.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

There's another one called OPTIMIZE_DENSE_CLOUDS under the [Weather] section.

Does anyone know what this one does? I tried it and it didn't seem to change anything but who knows...

Had to check this out when more and more people in here seem to get positive results from this tweak. I am way to tired (I blame that on our 2 month-old baby boy...) to sit and do any lengthy testing so I've just done som quick-and-dirty tests with the PMDG 777.

It sure seems like it works! I can't wait to do some more testing after some sleep. Really nice find!

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

This makes me wonder.....Why does it takes someone to "stumble" on such a performance gain. Surly LM knew this and there is nothing in the latest official tuning guide from LM. Just like FSX-SE performance gains and how stable the new beta is (for me at least). Its like LM and MS have a deal with Intel and AMD. If not then why all the BS about turning down sliders for better FPS. I'm running FSX-SE with the same PC I had during FSX-DVD beta and I'm getting 15-18 FPS at EGLL with max settings except DX10, and NO OOM's for 3 straight day's w/o exiting FSX-SE. I cant get FSX-DVD (even with SP2/ Acceleration) at max settings and even get 10 FPS anywhere except Antarctica with that old PC. 

IMO if there is only good with this tweak in P3D why not just make it a fixed setting and give simmers (users/customers/LM's lifeblood) them FPS. I thought for sure that the latest fix for terrain.dll CTD's that I was plagued with was going to result in a performance trade off, but no. This amazes me because there is nothing that DTG could have done that MS could not have done for us 10 years ago.

This kind of thing (real excellent performance hidden to us) needs to be explained, and if its a bunch of BS ( which I'm pretty sure it is now) then it needs to STOP now!!! There is no logical reason ( from what we always used to know ), I should be able to run FSX-SE 4 straight days now with max settings flying all over the world with real weather. 22 separate IFR flight plans flying into the high detail airports. I only have FSUIPC installed as an add-on but still this should not be happening. Not 1 OOM and FPS never going below 15. 

Why did it take this long to get proper stability and performance???..... because DTG is coming into a very hostile environment and they need to uncover all this (come to the rescue so to speak) to get a name for themselves so they even have a chance of succeeding at their new simulator. LM better wake up.

I am way to tired (I blame that on our 2 month-old baby boy...)
 Contratulations Richard.  Join the club.  I'm on 1y1m, but that first 3 months was like the next 10 combined in learning curve.  It gets better and even more fun.  You'll learn soon enough n00b!

Join the club.

Count me in. My youngest daughter is just two days old. ;-) It's currently more relaxing to sit at my simming pc all night then going to bed... LOL.

Sorry, back on topic: Would be really great if Rob could chime in and give us his 2 cents...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Not if I'm running 2.5 so the question still stands.

Got yah a previous version P3D User would have to answer the question then

Rich Sennett

This is brilliant. Just quick and dirty tests, haven't tried a full flight yet but here's some comparisons

NGX

optimize_parts = 0

VsDL5By.jpg

optimize_parts = 1

Z9rpQEQ.jpg

Same boost with the 777

0CVq9H8.jpg

I also tried the Turbine Duke V2 and saw a very slight FPS increase (2-3 fps)

zgotNsc.jpg

I tested with UsePools and took screenshots, no discernible difference so I left it off.

Big thanks to Christian for discovering this!

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter